Chapter four

Terror, Dave thought, puzzled. Why the hell would she be terrified of him? She should be happy and that Daniel had finally sent someone to seek her out. If you don't want to go inside he said, we can talk out here. There is a lots of time__ the library doesn't open for an hour and a half". Talk about what??? Your grandfather. Daniel Gomez. Who just happens to spend his summer forty kilometers down coast. Don't tell me you don't know about him because I wont believe you. You are out of your mind she whispered I don't have a grandfather. My grandparents died year ago___ not that its your business. Whatever your game is , I don't like it. Please leave. And don't come back, or I will set the police on you. Daniel ignored what she said. "Who told you that your grandparents died??
A tiny shiver rippled through her body ; she hugged her arms to her chest. " Go away__ just leave me alone.
"We have several options here, but that's not one of them. Dave's jaw tightened. Above her thin tank top, he could see the enticing shadow of her cleavage. Her arms were smoothly muscled, her fingers long and narrow. Ringless, he noticed, and in a sudden spurt of rage recalled the Gomez family diamonds. He'd had enough of this ridiculous fencing. In a blur of movement, he closed the distance between them, gripped her by the arms and said forcefully, Your grandfather sent me. John's Gomez father.
Ducking her head, she kicked out at him, as vicious and unexpected as a snake. As Dave automatically evaded the slash of her foot, she tore free and took off a run up the slope. In five fast strides , Dave caught up with her, grappled her by the shoulder and tugged her around to face him. But before he could say anything, her body went limp in his hold. Oh yeah, he thought cynically, oldest trick in the book.