Ch 3 - Cliff Off

About to literally spring into action. How are the twins going to hold up? Who are they going to have as partners? Lotus (FN) and Light (SN) are having more challenges than they thought. Time to kick it in gear boys.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

Before I begin I know that this had almost a year hiatus. But I promise this will get done. Biggest influence is a long time follower is dealing with his second straight brain tumor. That being said I'm granting another Reader's Wish. Forrest I hope all is well buddy. Cheers. This one is for you.

The two brothers go to this spring pad. Watching the others bounce out into the forest they have been instructed to make their way through, fight off grimm, and come back with a chest piece. The first person seen in the forest was going to be your partner for all your time at Beacon. Then meet two more teammates. (FN) and (SN) are not so nervous. Their were a few others that seemed clueless including a tall blonde haired boy, but these two were cats. And cats always land on their feet. How painful? Unsure. But all it was troubling was finding a landing pad. 

"Hey (SN)." Called his brother. "Best of luck." He sprung off wanting to loudly meow in air but didn't do so to protect his identity. 

"You too Lotus. Or is it (FN)?" (SN) smiled as he mumbled to himself. Battle stance ready and springboard. "Woooooooo-hooooooo!" 

The jumping part was the easy portion. Though this was such an awkward and uneasy jump. They couldn't possibly get any slower. The lower one would descend it would be increasingly difficult. The twins had an edge but it was a matter of how they did it. The only way around it was finding the correct tree to take it out on. They didn't have claws, though they did have weapons. Would it work if they carve a tree?

(SN) was going to have a bit more trouble. Having to think while airborne he looked at his surroundings. "Crap. Little high..." The view from above was quickly getting darker. He was landing at an angle which gave him some time. "The leaves. Duh." He grabbed onto one massive leaf. Ripping off the tree as he tried to use it as a glider since it was half of his size. It showed improvement yet no night and day difference. "Negative. Welp. Land and roll on branches. Aura don't fail me now." He landed on an upper branch and rolled. "Will it work?" Landing on another branch and quickly rolling right over yet again. Takes away the pain and I can still move. I wonder if- (SN) jumped and landed hands and feet first in the middle of the tree trunk. He stood completely still. "Wow. I'm in the clear. Hopefully bro did the same." He laughed as he climbed down slowly. Then skipping off to see who would be the one greeting him in this forest. No one was in sight.

As (SN) continued straight ahead of his landing point he came across a large ice ramp. Mostly likely that person skated down the ramp and arched it back up for another landing ramp. Going through amazed at what was in front of he smiled. Not knowing he had someone hot on his tail. "Hey there. Remember me?"

(SN) turned around. He remembered that outfit. "Hey Crystal."

"Hi-ya. So, that mean we're partners?" She giggled.

"Guess so."

"Alright. Shall we head up and see what is going on with everyone else? They might have stirred up trouble by now." She suggested.

"Together." (SN) nodded. "Just, how did you-"

"Hehe. Ice silly."

"Ya know what? I'll leave it at that. Ice is good enough for me." He chuckled and looked down the path he was going. I knew about the dust. Just want to know how that's made so perfect. She made a skater's big air mega ramp.

~~~~~

Since (FN) was originally launched first he was going to be the lose altitude first. Getting his compass blade ready he seemed confident in what was going on. While others were going to have to try and land on a branch and swing he had an idea. I can take the butt end and the side of the guard and put this parallel. Hope it works. Getting ready he soon reached a tall and thick tree. It dug in just enough to slow him down. With his speed at a certain pace he could use his semblance. Being able to walk or crawl on any solid surface. "Phew. Cat landing. Nailed it." A chuckle as (FN) was happy his semblance could be used to climb down the rest of the trunk of the tree. After fully coming down he smiled and walked into the forest. Waiting to see if he was going to bump into his new teammate. 

Walking down the path he heard something coming to the bushes. Ruffles as he readied his compass blade. Ready to aim a shot if needed. Following a roar. A look behind and it wasn't pleasant company.

"Beowolf." He fired two shots from the handle. The beast was going to charge. "Come get some."

A figure in an orange hoodie and blue-ish purple hair dropped down from a tree branch. Had had a medium sized war hammer (I would consider Nora's extra large). He shot once.

"Hey buddy, pick a side." He smirked.

The Grimm looked at the boy. Then back at (FN). As they both fired the beowolf eventually started to charge (FN) as he was prepared. A stance ready to take a swing. Remaining composed waiting the next move. Step by step. Foot by foot.

"Got it!" He launched himself at an upward angle sword first slicing off the creatures arm. And then the boy propelled himself over to shotgun the beowolf's head. That was enough. Fade to dust.

"Nice." He nodded. "What's up Indy?"

"Not much. Partners?" He extended the hand.

"Sweet." Gave him a good handshake. "Let's cruise through here Indy. We got teammates and chess pieces to find."

"Oh yeah. Let's do this."

~~~~~

I really like the team I created here. Not my favorite but very likeable characters. You'll see what I got together soon enough.

Vote it, comment freely, critique, ask away, and don't forget I love you all.

-Rel