Chapter 8

An older woman was standing in the door way looking at the two teens laughing.

They stopped laughing and directed their attention to the woman. A shade of red across both of there faces.

"You two really do make a lovely couple," she said to Adrien, then turned her gaze to Marinette. "And the food here is delicious."

"T-thank you," Marinette smiled, blushing at the complements.

"Have a lovely day ma'am," Adrien said grabbing a hold of the door frame, so the woman could pass through. "Please come back and bring your friends."

The older woman giggled as she walked away.

Marinette looked up at Adrien. He had a lovely smile across his face, she was unable to look away.

"Marinette? Adrien?" Marinette's mother Sabine, called out from the register, before walking towards the teenagers. "What a lovely surprise. It's been too long. How are you Adrien?"

"I'm doing well. Thank you Mrs. Dupain-Cheng," Adrien smiled.

"Mom," Marinette said. "I told you to tell the customers that the rumor wasn't true. It was a misunderstanding."

"A mother can have hopes," she smiled, watching her daughter face turn bright red. "Besides, nobody believes me when I tell them anyways."

"Oh...really?" Marinette asked, surprised.

"Do you have a girlfriend, Adrien?" Sabine asked without hesitation.

Marinette tried to remain perfectly calm, waiting for his response.

"No...I don't," Adrien said to Sabine, a little bashful about admitting the fact out loud. "So it really doesn't bother me that people keep making the mistake. I'm sure it's more of a burden for Marinette. And besides, I'm getting a lot less love letters in the mail now," he laughed.

Marinette couldn't help but laugh, but she tried to keep it inside. She had been so worried about him being upset or burdened with their misunderstanding, that is was a huge relief to hear him say that.

"Plus you guys do have the best bakery in all of Pairs," he smiled. "I love coming here."

"Then would you like to try our newest pastry?" Sabine asked Adrien.

"Of course!" His eyes lit up as she brought him a heart-shape pastry covered in a strawberry glaze. 

Marinette laughed to herself, and just loud enough for Adrien to hear and look back at her. She was happy that he was enjoying himself.

"Why don't you kids take them upstairs," she said handing them a few more pastries on a plate. "I have a customer coming in real soon to pick up a cake order."

"Oh, sure mom." Marinette grabbed the plate from her mom. She headed towards the apartment door, Adrien following behind her. They walked up the stairs, through the apartment and went into Marinette's room.

"Where are we going?" Adrien asked as Marinette climbed up her bed ladder.

"You'll see," she smiled back at him. It was her favorite place in all of Paris. She spent a lot of her time with Cat Noir on the roof as well, but she never brought her friends up there. Except for Alya.

"Watch your step," she called out to him as she climbed up threw her trap door first.

Adrien knew this rooftop very well, but he couldn't tell her that. He followed her up and sat down in his favorite chair. 

Marinette watched Adrien as he sat cross legged on her spare chair, exactly like a little black cat she knew.