Chapter 29

Cat Noir? Marinette walked closer to her partner. He was standing at the railing of her balcony.

I heard you were ill today. Are you feeling any better now? He asked, still facing away from her.

Yeah, a little better, she said walking towards him. I know you told me to go to sleep early the other night, but I had a hard time falling asleep after you left.

Oh? Why is that? He grinned, turning his face towards her. She still couldn't see him very well.

Marinette blushed. I think you know why...her voice got quieter.

Why did she feel this way around him now? She looked up at him once more. Her heart was racing and her chest felt heavy, making it hard to breath. Only two boys had ever made her feel this way.

And she was happy that her Kitty was one of them. He was brave and kind, while being silly and funny, at the same time. She knew that she could trust him and she wanted to tell him her secret.

Marinette? There's something I want to tell you...he started to say.

Me too, Kitty. She took a deep breath.

He slowly turned around to face her. The moon was shining down on his silhouette. His fluffy blonde hair glowed in the moonlight, his green eyes sparkled as he turned his head to look at her...

Adrien?

Marinette woke up, her heart still pounding. She sat up on the couch and removed the blanket. She noticed a small note on the coffee table in front of her. She realized she had fallen back to sleep.

Your dad and I went out for dinner. Hope you feel better when you wake up.
Love Mom

P.S. Please bring Adrien over for dinner soon. We owe him a lot for today. ;)

That's right, she thought. He had been the one to take her to the nurses office, helped her turn in her homework and collect the new homework. And then on top of that, he also walked her home.

That had to be the reason he was in her dream, right?

Marinette grabbed the remote for the tv and turned on the news.

"This is very confusing," she whined.

Her little kwami rubbed her eyes, as she slowly woke up. "What is?"

"Sorry Tikki. I didn't mean to wake you." Marinette covered her mouth.

"That's okay Marinette," Tikki smiled. "Did you sleep well? Do you still feel sick?"

"I feel a lot better. Good enough to even go patrolling later," she smiled at Tikki, after she removed her hand.

But why did I have that dream? What does it mean? Do I really think Adrien is Cat Noir or do I simply want him to be?

"Is something wrong?" Tikki asked, concerned by Marinette's confused face.

"I'm just over thinking something," Marinette sighed. Even if she asked Tikki who Cat Noir was, Tikki promised to never reveal his secret. But..."I had a weird dream just now and I'm not entirely sure what it means."

"Really? Tikki asked, flying to Mrinettes shoulder. "What was it about?"

"You promise not to laugh at me?" She asked, looking to her right shoulder.

"Promise," Tikki smiled.

"So earlier...Adrien said something that confused me," she sighed. "He knew I was sick and told me I didn't listen to him about going to bed early, like he told me to."

"What's werid about that?" Tikki asked.

"He wasn't the one who said that to me though," she took another deep breath. "Cat Noir did."

What??!! Tikki mentally screamed. Oh no...what do I do? What would Plagg do? I promised not to say anything...but what am I suppose to do?

Marinette froze as she watched Tikki's facial expressions.

"Tikki?..."