Chapter 12

"Are you sure Cat Noir?" Ladybug asked, still feeling horrible about wanting to leave patrol early. It was Thursday night and she had a pages of homework she needed down by Friday morning.

"Of course," he grinned. "I'd feel bad if you didn't finish your homework just because I wanted you to patrol with me. Besides, it's sooo slow tonight, I might even go home early." He laughed.

"Thanks Kitty," she smiled, leaning over, giving him a hug before she took off.

Cat Noir Sat there, a little confused. Normally when Ladybug touched him, he was overly excited and happy. But today was the first time he didn't over think her affection towards him. He was happy that she hugged him, but he wasn't obsessing about it.

"Huh..." he said out loud.

Was he finally over his crush on Ladybug? Now he could focus on their friendship and defeating Hawk Moth.

He knew that Plagg would laugh at him if he was there. Making fun of his love life was a daily thing lately. Except all of his jabs were about Marinette now.

Maybe, just maybe, he had a small crush on his friend. He found her funny and smart. And he'd be lying if he said she wasn't beautiful.

He especially loved how her face lit up when she talked about fashion and design. And she was very talented. She had shown him her design books a few times and he couldn't wait until the day had be able to wear one of her creations.

"I wonder what she's doing, " he said to himself, looking over in the direction of Marinette's house. A quick visit couldn't hurt. As long as he didn't do anything stupid, that way Plagg couldn't make fun of him later.

Marinette quickly finished her homework. She was very grateful that there had not been an akuma attack tonight. Tomorrow was Friday and she had to make sure that all of her sketches for her Halloween Mask design were perfect.

Originally she had been stumped when she received the assignment. There were so many wonderful ideas to choose from, how would she be able to pick just one to make the mask for?

But a few nights back, as she was drawing her sketches, Tikki had managed to fall into a bowl of glitter, getting covered from head to toe. Something about the way Tikki shinned, inspired Marinette to use her as the model for her mask.

She decided to draw a red mask with black dots, covered in glitter, with a back lace edge. She couldn't wait to show Tikki.

"Tikki?" She said looking around for her little friend. Where had she gone? Marionette looked around the balcony and then kneed down by the trap door. "Tikki?"

Still no answer. She laid down and dipped her head into the trap door to look around her room.

Tikki was sound asleep in her little bed.

"I'll show you tomorrow," she laughed, pulling herself back through the door.

She laid down on her back and looked up at the night sky. It was so clear and the stars were shinning brightly. Sometimes she wished she wasn't such a romantic. It usually made her sad when she thought about not having a special someone to share this view with.

Marinette closed her eyes, trying not to cry. She wanted to picture herself one day sitting up here with the person she loved.

Blonde hair, green eyes always came to mind. But this time there was set of little black ears, or maybe a head band? Marinette squinted her eyes, trying to focus on the face before her.

"Marinette?" He whispered.

It was a familiar face, but it was hard to depict on whether or not it was Adrien or Cat Noir.

They looked the same to her...

Marinette quickly opened her eyes. A pair of bright green eyes were starting back at her.