Chapter 38

No no no no no.......

Marientte froze is disbelief. How did this happen?

"What are you talking about Alya?" Marientte laughs, trying not to blush. "Cat Noir just stopped by to check on me. He found out I was sick and wanted to bring me something warm." She held up a random scarf from her dresser.

"Seriously girl...don't try to deny it!" Alya crossed her arms. "No one stops by this late to just say hello...besides me," she lays her palm on her chest, smiling. 

Marinette's cheeks heat up as she tries to cover her face. "It's...it's not what you think. Cat Noir has been giving me dating advice. Apparently he knows Adrien and wanted to help me."

"Wait...what? I can't believe you hid this from me!" Alya squealed. "Alright...spill it."

"I wanted to tell you, but there wasn't a good time," Marinette sighed, smiling. "He's been coming by a lot more lately and we ended up talking about how we both have un-required loves and I accidentally told him about Adrien. That's when he told me that he knows Adrien and that he could help me if I wanted him to."

Technically, this was the truth, so Marinette didn't feel too awful still lying to her bestfriend about her relationship.

"I told him that I thought Adrien would never see me that way and I was okay with that," she says, sitting down on her bed. "So he agreed to help me with my conversations, you know, since a he's boy and I end up not being able to talk to a certain boy without tripping over my own tongue."

"Yeah, it wouldn't hurt you to learn how to speak," Alya laughs.

"I was done pinning over him or any boy for that matter," Marinette says. "I just wanted to be a better friend and be less awkward. Cat Noir has truly become a good friend. "

"That was really nice of him," Alya smiles, sitting down on the bed next to Marinette. "I'm also proud of you for conquering your fear of speaking to Adrien."

"Right?" She laughs. "Anyway, his advice really helped me talk to Adrien a little more naturally. That was right before Adrien invited me to that Photo Shoot," she laughs.

"Oh, that's right," Alya smiles. "Nino showed me some of the pictures. You guys looked amazing."

"He did?" Marinette blushes. "Thanks, but I dont think I'll ever do that again. It wasnt bad until the photographer called me his girlfriend when we taking the pictures," she blushes covering her face with her hands. "It was so embarrassing, I apologized right away, but Adrien told me I didn't have to. He said he didn't mind if people thought we were dating."

"Really?" Alya smiles.

"It was sweet," Marinette smiles, bringing her hands down to her lap. "He was mostly just happy that people don't think Chloe is his girlfriend any more."

Both girls crack up laughing.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me all of the gory details from the photo shoot," Alya pouts. "No wonder you two have been closer."

"Sorry...I was just embarrassed and wasn't sure if it actually meant anything," Marinette says. "I tend to over think the small things. I didn't want to give myself hope if he wasn't interested. I wanted to make sure first."

"I'm glad you told me..." Alya laughs, wrapping her arms around her bestfriend.

"Thanks, me too," Marinette just blushes.

"I'm so proud of you for maturing when it comes to this stuff now," Alya smiles, hugging her tighter "A year ago, the old Marinette would have freaked out if anyone found out about your crush on Adrien."

"I wasn't that bad..." Marinette says, looking at her bestfriend, a familiar 'I don't believe you' look on her face. "Alright fine...yes, I was that bad... worse even," she laughs.

"I knew something was going on, though," Alya smiles. "You two have been acting different recently. Ever since you two started texting. You are more relaxed with him and he seems to be more aware of you."

"About that," Marinette nervously plays with her fingers. "There is one more thing that I forgot to mention..."

"What is it?" Alya smiles.

"Adrien asked me out..."

"........."