Then kiss me - R.T one shot

A Richie Tozier one shot

You and Richie have been best friends since you were in pre k but recently you felt like something had changed.

You and Richie were sitting on his porch watching the rain fall. It was beautiful. You guys were sitting in silence which is something you two rarely did. Richie always had something to say.

"Hey Rich?" You asked him

"Yeah" he replied.

"Are you doing okay?"

"Yeah just thinking."

"About what?" You were curious.

Richie sighed but didn't say anything. He just watched the rain fall more.

"Richie? What's wrong? What are you thinking about?" You asked him.

"Oh y/n...I've known you since forever right?" He suddenly asked. This wasn't the reply you were expecting. You thought maybe he got in a fight with bill or Stan.

"Oh Uhm yeah since pre k." You smiled at him but he averted eye contact.

"These last few weeks have felt different with you y/n. Not bad different, good different, I think, I don't know."

"Rich you can tell me anything, I'm your best friend ever, you can trust me."

"That's it though y/n! My best friend. I, I don't want you to be my best friend."

"What!?" You raised your voice slightly by accident.

"No no. I mean, I love you, you know that. Best friends always love each-other."

"Yeah? I love you too Richie but what's going on?"

"I have been thinking about this for a while. I love you. But I think there's more. Y/n I think I'm in love with you. You make me smile and laugh and get butterflies when I'm around you. That never used to happen but it's happening now." He finally looked over at you.

"Oh Richie..." you liked him too. You were hiding it but you liked him. The only other person who knew besides you was Beverly.

"It's okay y/n. I get it. Pretend I never said that." He started to get off the porch. You grabbed his hand and pulled him back down.

"No Richie. I won't forget that. I think I feel the same. I'm in love with you too. A lot. Maybe too much but I don't care." You looked down and fidgeted with your hands.

"Really?" He whispered.

"Yes, really." You quietly said back.

"Oh wow I was not expecting that." Richie laughed a little. You looked at him and smiled.

"God dammit y/n! Don't look at me like that." He suddenly demanded.

"What? Like what?" You said.

Richie gestured his hands at you, "you know! Like...that!"

"Uhm why?"

"Because."

"Because why?"

"Because it makes me want to kiss you." Richie slowly confessed.

You smiled at the ground and knew you instantly started blushing but came up with a reply, "Then kiss me." You told Richie.

Richie looked at you in confusion for a split second, then he broke into a grin and leaned in. He cupped you face in his hands and placed his lips on yours. You kissed him back.

Finally Richie Tozier was yours.

A/n - I've been away from this book for a hot minute aka a month and three days whoops. But I'll be updating more now because I ended my preference book and have more time to focus on my other books including this one.

Here's a picture of Finn to make your day better! ;))

Word count - 570