Nightmares

You were sleeping over at Finns house on a cold January night.

Finn was laying in bed beside you and watching you sleep.

He was admiring you so carefully. He counted the freckles that laced over your perfect skin. He counted how often you took in a breath and how often you let your breath go, letting your chest fall back down to you. He counted your eyelashes and how often they fluttered while you slept. 

Finn noticed the slight change in your facial expression as it happened. He noticed how your lips curved down ever so slightly. How your eyebrows furrowed together. He also noticed that you tightened your grip on the blanket you were using. He watched as you gripped so hard your knuckles faded into a tone of white he'd never seen before.

You tossed and turned in the sheets messing them up as it happened. You were uneasy and scared.

It's just a dream, it's just a dream, it's just a dream. You told your self while trying to emerge from it and wake up back in Finns room which was plastered in band posters, had vinyls laying all over and had a few t shirts scattered in odd places  around his floor. He had a desk with an open bottle of black nail polish on it along with a quarter full water bottle that you had been drinking earlier that day.

Finn grew nervous as he watched you struggle and fight with yourself in your head.

It was loud. And quick.

The scream was loud and quick.

Finns heart broke when he heard it. He had never heard something so heartbreaking come out of your mouth let alone anyone else's.

You sprung up in Finns bed tangling the white sheets around your ankles, finally escaping from the battle in your head.

Tears dripped down your face that you didn't realize were there until you felt Finns soft hands brush them off of your cheekbone.

"Baby are you okay?" Finn asked you while wiping every tear that fell out of your eyes off of you.

"Yeah," you took a shaky breath in, "I just had a nightmare." And let a shaky breath out.

"It's okay beautiful." Finn whispered while bringing you into him and laying back down in the now mess of a bed with you. "You're safe now. So safe."

He stroked his hand over your hair and held your face to his chest.

Your tears were coming to a stop now.

Finn held you on his chest while he watched you fall back into a beautiful state of sleep.

He kept you on his chest all night with one of his hands on the back of your head and the other on the bottom of your spine.

Slowly, after Finn was sure you were back asleep, he closed his eyes and fell asleep as well.

You felt comfort from Finn. He was the only one who kept you safe from your nightmares.

a/n - wait, this is actually cute wtf

Word count - 509