Religion

(Don't worry I'm not forcing my religion on you).

  Damn, she's a saint. I would do anything for that goddess.

  No, I'm not perverse. She's all that comes to my mind. Her sweet, soothing voice, her bright smile, even the way she works so hard is enough to put me in a daze.

  She came into my life one day, all ready to take over my brain.

¤   ¤   ¤

  School had just begun and man did I feel weird. First period and somehow I already had a few girls swooning over me. I don't think of myself as attractive so this was all so new.

  The teach came in and started calling roll.

  "Mister Ryan Winston?" She called.

  "Here-"

  We all heard a slam at the door. She came in late, all eyes on her.

  "Ah, sorry Ms. (Insert name), I got lost in the halls," she ran her fingers through her hair to loosen and tidy it up, and she swung her eyes to the class.

  God, that stare killed me.

  "Ah, I see, Miss- Mai Hansen," the teacher pointed to her seat- next to me.

  She walked over and sat down as the teacher continued roll, but I could keep focus, my heart pounding.

  "Now," the teacher had concluded roll, "since it's only the first day, we're just going to do a few ice breakers for the first week, Everyone is going to get in groups of two, and these will be the pairings."

  She held to fingers up and pointed at students who sat next to each other, and I just so happened to be paired up with her.

  "Alright, so these ice breakers are just a list of questions you answer, and can only tell your partner," she pulled down a whiteboard and a list of questions appeared.

  "You do not need to ask all, and you don't have to answer if you are not comfortable," she noticed a few students getting fidgity about certian questions.

  "But this classroom is supposed to be a safe place, so you can be comfortable here." And with that, the students started chatting and asking questions.

  "So, what do you see in a partner?" She asked it so casually, she seemed so confident.

  "Ah, h-how are you so nonchalant asking that question?" I felt my face get warmer, as if she triggered something.

  "I dunno," she scoffed, "You just seem like the type to be choosy with your women, unless you don't swing that way."

  "N-no! I'm straight!" I felt so dumb and flustered, "A-and I don't really have a type. I guess someone who is just, really confident, a-and just loves me for my dorkiness..." I looked up and god damn did I grow red hot.

  "Ah- s-sorry! I didn't mean to ramble," I scratched the back of my neck, I felt stupid.

  "Heh, it's alright, you were only answering the question," she gave a small smile, my body gave in.

"S-so, what do you do in your free time?" I asked, trying to fix the situation.

  "Hm, I usually just write and sit in my room all day," she looked a bit dazed for a minute, then something clicked in her.

  "This is a weird request, but could you remember something for me?" Her eyes had changed, it was as if she just got starstruck.

  "S-sure, what is it?" She came closer to me and grabbed my hand.

  Geez, is this room hot or is it just her?

  I felt something tickle, and then she had let go. I looked at her, and then my hand. She wrote these words:

  "sєı cαяıησ"

  "What does this mean?" I looked back at her and she seemed a bit, red?

  "Ah, you'll need to find out yourself," she gave a small laugh, and with that the bell rang.

  "After school, meet me up at the café nearby, I need to remember that when we leave." She waved goodbye, and my heart stopped.

.   .   .

  The rest of the day I couldn't stop thinking of her, and what she wrote on my hand. It was starting to fade so I decided to try and rewrite it, realizing that my handwriting was shit compared to her.

  The day ended, and I headed over to the café she asked to meet up at.

  I scanned the area to find her, but I guess I came in first. I headed over to a table at the far left corner and waited a bit.

  A few minutes went by and I was starting to question if I got set up, but she came in and sat across from me.

  "Sorry I was late, a few guys were trying to seduce me," she fixed her hair and laughed, "they were pretty easy to get rid of."

  "Th-that's good to hear," damn I'm stupid, "n-not that you were being seduced, that you got away, n-not that you don't deserve to be seduced but-"

  I buried my face in my hands to hide further embarassment, goddamn she deserved the world.

  "Haha, it's alright," she ruffled my hair, man did her hands calm me, "I can sorta tell where you're going."

  She pulled out her phone and grabbed my hand firmly yet gently, "Did you find out what it means?"

  "Find out what, what means?" I looked up and saw her type something into her phone, and she handed it to me.

  "The words I wrote on your hand, it's  for a story I'm writing," she looked a bit embarassed, "I had a spark of inspiration and you were the closest thing I could write on, the words are in Latin."

  I giggled a bit, she seemed to be really passionate about her work.

  I typed in the words into the translator and set it to Latin.

  My face became red hot.

  "S-sei c-carino," I stuttered, "means 'Y-you're c-cute'?"

  She giggled and smiled at me.

  "Yeah, it does," she became a bright shade of red, "and you are too."

¤   ¤   ¤

  Today I came home from the tattoo parlor and showed my wife.

  "Hey, sweetheart," I called her over and she appeared in the doorway, "look at the tattoo I got."

  "What is it babe-" she stopped dead and grasped my hand, tracing the tattoo with her finger.

"รεเ ૮α૨เɳσ."

  (I had a bit of romance up my ass from reading a lot of Webtoon, so I thought a bit of this would be good. I thought it was pretty cute. Have a great rest of you're day! Signing out, Kinky).