Reunion

Did y'all hear? Shiro had a boyfriend!! And thanks to Bex it was canon! I got a spark of inspiration, so this is a short idea of how it'll go down when they return to Earth and Shiro sees Adam again. (From the perspective of Shiro)

-------

This was it. We were almost home. We were a galaxy away from our solar system, anticipating our arrival.

I hoped I could see him again.

"Hey, Shiro," Keith turned to look at me from the pilot seat, "What do you plan on doing once we get to the Garrison?"

"To be honest, the Galra could be coming any time now. We should warn them about the fate ahead of us." I started out the windshield and saw the milky way coming into view.

"Okay, but we do need to rest as well. Especially you, after the whole incident."

"We will, but not until we know our lives are safe."

Allura then came up on the communicator.

"Oh, I'm so excited! I can't wait to understand Earth accustom!"

"Just wait until you see me at the beach!" Lance had chimed in.

"Put a sock in it, and let's just get there first."

***

Passing by all the moons and planets reminded me of all the missions I went on a long time ago. And then we came across... Kerberos.

Words flooded my head.

'Don't go! You aren't stable! What's going to-'

"Shiro?"

I snapped back and looked at Keith, his face full of concern.

"Ah, sorry. I'm okay." I scratched my neck, "Just- the Kerberos and all-"

"Hey, it's alright. You're back now, that's all that matters." Keith gave a smile and turned back to the windshield, "They'll forgive you, even him." I gave the idea a smile.

We passed by more planets and soon, we were on Mars. We stopped on it to rest since we've been going on since the Andromeda galaxy.

We still had food and water, so we decided to quench ourselves before arriving. Everyone was tense and afraid.

"What if," Lance had popped up on the communicator, "what if my family is gone?"

"Don't worry bud, your family is strong," the soothing voice of the yellow paladin reassured him, "they'll be there waiting for you."

"I just can't believe we're actually here." Pidge was amazed and impressed, "We explored only a fraction of the universe and we were just from Earth. I can't believe we're home."

We all made similar noises in agreement, finally setting off into orbit.

We went slowly, everyone still exuberant and anxious. Pidge sent a signal to the Garrison, asking for permission to enter the atmosphere. Granted, we accelerated.

Landing on the launch bay, escorts ran to our lions and offered assistance. It felt amazing to be back.

Almost, at least.

Iverson greeted us, absolutely baffled.

"Shiro, Keith, you have no idea how much trouble we went through to finding you." One of the commanders admitted.

"Hey, we're here too!" Lance pushed his way through the others and puffed his chest in front of him.

"Anyways, where have you all been? What have you been doing? Where did you get these ships? And are those aliens?"