Effects- Chapter 3

"Hey mutt, did you do what I told you to do?"

Kyung Hoon walked in and threw the bag on the floor. Hodong petted him as if he was an actual dog.

"Get your dirty hands off of my head, b*tch."

"Aww, is my doggie mad? Don't worry, I have treats waiting for you." Hodong handed Kyung Hoon a bag of money like usual. Kyung Hoon took it and started to head out of the door.

"Hold on there. I didn't tell you to leave."

"What do you want?" Kyung Hoon turned around and glared at him.

"There's something that I want you to do. I have faith that you can do it."

Kyung Hoon was silent so Hodong walked over. He continued by whispering, "I want you to destroy the new gang in town. Show them that there can only be one."

Hodong then turned around and started heading into his room, "Take as much resources as you want but limit my men involved. I'm sure you can do it. After all, you don't want your precious brother to be involved."

Kyung Hoon tightened his fists in anger as he left the room. He took his bag of money and placed it on the back of the motorcycle trunk. He then put his helmet on and got on his motorcycle to head home.

Heechul was the first person Kyung Hoon saw as he walked in the house. His smile always made Kyung Hoon feel much better.

"Kyunghoonie! How was work today?"

"Same as usual, what did you learn today hyung?"

"I learned how to write sentences now!"

Kyung Hoon ruffled Heechul's hair, "That's awesome. Write out your name for me."

While Heechul started writing his name, Kyung Hoon's cell rung. He stepped out of the room to take the call.

"Is this Min Kyung Hoon I am speaking to?"

"Who is this?"

There was a short silence before Kyung Hoon got his answer, "My name is of no importance. I want to make an offer to you."

"I don't take offers from people I don't know."

"I assure you that you will take the offer after I tell you what it is."

Kyung Hoon sighed, "I give you 1 minute to tell me the offer. You better make it interesting."

"That will be enough time. You see, I've been looking for a person worthy of being my partner. I've been observing you, and you are indeed worthy to being my partner."

"You are being repetitive, I'll be hanging up."

"Oh, I'm sure you will be interested if I said it's about Kang Hodong."

Kyung Hoon paused and didn't say a word. Who was this person calling him? What this his offer have to do with the "Pig"?

"Ah, I see that you haven't hung up yet. Let me continue, shall we? I want you to help me take him down. I have the resources to reduce him down to ashes and I only need someone to help guide him to his demise."

"What role am I being given." Kyung Hoon asked, finally breaking his silence.

"I want you to lead him to me. Make him think that he will be victorious and confident. He will fall into a trap that will destroy his own regime and I will become the ruler instead."

"Why should I help you?"

"I think you know the answer already. If you want your family to be safe from the hands of this inhuman pig, I suggest you take my offer. I promise that you will benefit from helping me."

Kyung Hoon went silent again. He did hate Hodong to the guts, but destroying him was something that he was worried about. Hodong had many men on his side, if he was being betrayed, there would be consequences that even Kyung Hoon wouldn't be able to survive.

"I'll think about it." Kyung Hoon finally concluded.

"I believe that there's not enough time to think. The plan will be set in action in 2 hours. If you make your decision, be by the Seoul bridge by then. I hope that you make a wise decision."

Before Kyung Hoon could speak, the guy had hung up. Kyung Hoon looked back into the room and watched Heechul was busy filling up a paper with his name.

"Hyung... The most important thing, is your safety."