Effects- Chapter 6

"Kang Ho Dong."

Kyung Hoon stepped into the room of the hideout. Ho Dong was sitting in his usual chair and only a single light was on, shining on him. He looked up and a smile was on his face.

"Ah Kyung Hoonie, nice of you to stop by this late at night."

"Shut up, we need to talk."

Ho Dong laughed out loud and got up from his chair. He slowly walked over to Kyung Hoon. Kyung Hoon clinched a gun in the back pocket. Luckily, the room was dark so he couldn't see the full face of Ho Dong despite how close he was getting to him. He didn't want to see the face of his enemy, the person he despised all his life.

"You want to talk to me? Someone that is above you. With that attitude?"

Kyung Hoon was inches away from Ho Dong's face. He wasn't shaking but he was boiling from anger. He could feel the stinky breath of Ho Dong's, making him want to gag.

"I have a message for you. You will fall soon, if not now."

Ho Dong grabbed Kyung Hoon by the neck collar. He then pointed a knife at Kyung Hoon's face.

"Are you trying to overthrow me? By yourself? Don't mock me."

Suddenly, the door opened and in came Ho Dong's men. Ho Dong let go of Kyung Hoon, giving him an opening to point a gun at him. 

"Yes, but not alone. Your days are over, Pig."

The room exploded in many colors, men all around the room dropped to the floor, dead. Ho Dong's eyes widened as the scene happened. Kyung Hoon felt his weight finally lifting from his chest. At the same time, he felt a little emotional seeing everything fade away. 

Ho Dong looked at Kyung Hoon with frightened eyes. He dropped to his knees and grabbed Kyung Hoon's pants. Kyung Hoon almost felt sorry to see the great Ho Dong reduced to this. At the same time he was amazed at how easy taking him down and reducing him to nothing was. All Kyung Hoon ever needed was to have some help of bodies and explosives. 

"Please. Do kill me, I promise I won't be mean to you ever again. Spare my life."

"Oh, he won't spare your life anytime soon."

Lee Sang Min had walked up to them, the fire was still blazing that Kyung Hoon was starting to sweat. Ho Dong was looking dismayed when he saw his face.

"S... Sang Min... You're alive?"

"Oh, you thought I was dead. I wonder why?" Sang Min started snickering.

"I... I didn't do it. Please believe me."

"Why are you so afraid if you weren't the one?"

"Please, don't kill me."

"Kyung Hoon, go home. I can handle this here." Sang Min put his hand on Kyung Hoon's shoulder. Kyung Hoon felt an eerie chill go down his spine.

"Remember your promise to me."

"Don't worry, I always keep my promises." 

Kyung Hoon couldn't tell Sang Min's tone and expression in the dark. He handed Sang Min the gun and walked towards the door. Ho Dong suddenly shrieked and started begging.

"Please don't leave me, Kyung Hoon. I promise to never hurt your family again. Please save me."

"F**k you. It ends here." 

"Fine! You will pay for today! You will regret this, Min Kyung Hoon."

Kyung Hoon left the building, without turning back or regreting his choice. At least, not at the moment...