Dieciocho.

Klay Thompson.

I heard a knock on my door and I didn't move to answer it

"Klay , I know you in there." My dad shouted through the door. I got up and opened the door.

"What ?"

"Watch how you speak to me boy , I ain't one of you little friends."

"My bad. " I said , sitting down on the edge of my bed. He came over and sat beside me.

"So y'all really blew a 3-1 lead ?" He asked before laughing.

"Dad , it isn't funny."

"Sorry , I was just thinking of the memes but why so down , young owl ?"

(AN : I cried laughing when I found out Mychal calls him an owl okay back to the story. )

I gave him a look and he put his hands up.

"So you lost and what ?"

"That's what I'm pissed off about."

"And what can you do about it ?"

I sat there in silence.

"You can't change it so stop thinking of the way you can. You lost and the only thing you can is win next year because you know they will be your top competitor. Run faster , get some muscles , train harder. You can't look in the past because the future is right infront of you."

I nodded and looked down.

"I have to go to work tomorrow so me and your mom are leaving early but I wanted to check on you before I left."

"Where's mom ?"

"Downstairs crying because she thinks you are about to kill yourself."

I sighed and walked with him downstairs. Mom was crying to Mychel at me.

"What if he is depressed and starts acting out ? Oh my god what if he gets thug tattoos ? What if he drops out of the NBA ? "

"Mom calm down , that's not going to happen." I told her , giving her a hug. I felt her calm down and pushed her slightly over to dad. He held her and wiped her tears.

I remembered I used to do that to Salice all the time.

"Who's that ?" Mom asked me , pulling away from dad and looking at me.

"What ?"

"Who's Salice ?"

"His girlfriend. " Mychel interrupted. I flicked him off.

"Klay stop it and who's that ?" She asked me again.

"Here mom , I'll show your new daughter." He said , giving her a phone. I looked to see it didn't have a case. That's my phone. I reached to get it back but my mom pulled it back , scrolling through and getting me anxious. 

"Oh it seems like you like her enough to have multiple pictures of her in your phone. When can we meet her ?" She handed me back my phone.

"She isn't a part of my life anymore so probably never."  I spoke , looking down at my feet.

"What happened ?"

"Don't want to talk about it."

"Well we are your family and we would look like to know what happened ." She said to me.

"She left me , that's it."

"W-"

"I think it's time for you guys to fly back home before you miss your flight." I told them.  They realized I wasn't going to speak further so they nodded their heads.  I walked them out with Mychel. He was going to go a trip with his friends so he was dropping them off and going to do whatever he had to do. Rocco was in a dog hotel for the time being so I was alone.

I went back upstairs and took a shower. I could've swore I heard the door opened but I ignored the sound.  I soon got out and put on some boxers and some basketball shorts to see familiar red hair. 

Salice stood there and a small smile came on her face.

"Hey Handsome Smile."

I had to strongly resist the urge to do somethings to her so I just awkwardly waved to her.

"Hi."

There was an awkward moment of silence before she spoke.

"Can you sit down so we can talk ?"

"Why aren't you in LA ?"

"I left the music label."

I looked at her in surprise.

"Why ?"

She took a deep breath.

"Because it wasn't here because you were here." She spoke , staring at me directly in my eyes. I blushed under her look a little and she smiled at me slightly.

"So you saying you came back for me ?"

"Well you and the label wasn't shit because they didn't have my interest at heart and they had shitty people but since day one , I realized I left something back here and I needed to get it back." She told me , standing up and wrapping her arms around me.

I looked down at her.

"And what was that ?"

"I can show you better than I can show you."