Prison break

I have a normal name, but my reputation on the battlefield allowed me to get a new one. I live in the shadows. My enemy's never saw me. They gave me this name, because I work in the shadows, I use the darkness, my power dwells within it. I guess in the end The Shadow is better than IT.

My eyes slowly opened. I looked around and realized that I was still buried in the rubble. I pushed off the heavy logs and rocks and crawled out. I looked up and saw Petra staring out the window. I pushed myself up to my feet and walked over. As I stumbled over, she caught my eyes and tried to push me back.
"No, Shadow. You don't need to see this." I didn't listen. I pushed her aside and poked my head out the window. In the distance, I could see Cayde in chains.
"Cayde," I mumbled. I quickly grabbed my rifle and pointed it out the window. I aimed at Uldren's head and pulled the trigger. My heart sunk to my feet as I heard the click of the empty gun. "No," I muttered. I threw my sniper down and pulled out my pulse rifle. I aimed and pulled the trigger, but again heard the empty gun click. I squeezed my eyes shut and slammed it on the ground.
"C'mon, Shadow. We gotta keep moving!" I didn't listen and I stared out as the scorn left Cayde's side. Uldren walked up to him and just stared at the Ace Of Spades, as if he was admiring it. No. Cayde slowly got down onto his knees.
"I have to save him."
"You won't get there in time," Ghost mumbled.
"I can't just let him die!"
"It's too late," Petra said. Tears started to trickle down my face and they mixed with the rain. Uldren then pressed the gun against Cayde's head. My heart sunk down to my feet.
"Any last words?" I could see a smile spread across Uldren's face. The tears were still gushing out of my eyes. Cayde slowly looked up at Uldren. "How's your sister?" Cayde mumbled. His voice made my heart sink even lower. I wanted to rush down and help him, but I just couldn't move. Uldren's face hardened. Cayde turned his head and looked right in my direction. I couldn't tell if he was looking directly at me, but I felt my heart stop as he looked in my direction.
"May we meet again, Hunter." I stared into his eyes. This can't be happening. Cayde looked down and I could see him stare into the sky. I could hear him breathing heavily through his mic. "I'm coming home, Ace." The water from the rain dripped off of my eyelashes. I wanted them to blur my vision for what was about to happen next. The next thing I knew, I heard the gunshot. The light in his eyes dimmed and his body fell limp in the muddy puddle.
"No!" I screamed. I shook my head and squeezed my eyes shut. I screamed so loud and clenched my fist into tight balls. I opened my eyes back up and got quiet. Anger started to find its way into my heart. I stopped crying and took a deep breath. I put a blank expression on my face and stared at Uldren. He put the gun down and stared at Cayde's body. Anger boiled within me as he took Cayde's gun and put it in his own holster. I wanted to kill the prince with all my heart. Uldren and the scorn turned and started towards the portal.
"I'm sorry, Shadow," Petra muttered. My breathing became shallow. My eyes narrowed and I slowly turned my head.
"You stole my ammo, didn't you?" She didn't respond. My heart started to thud against my rib cage. I yanked my knife out of the holster and grabbed her throat. I slammed her against the wall and placed my knife against her cheek.
"Shadow, I---."
"You're with him?!" I screamed.
"No, I---."
"You helped murder Cayde!" I lifted my knife and was prepared to shove it in her heart. Ghost quickly flew in front of me and blocked her heart. "Stop!"
"I'm sorry. I couldn't let you kill him in front of me. He is still my prince." I just stared into her eyes. Rage boiled in me and all I wanted to do was make someone pay.
"Shadow, Petra saved us twice. Think of all the good she's done for the city. Without her, the reef would be a breeding ground for evil. Please!" I stared at Ghost and then back at Petra. I sighed and let go of her.
"A life for a life. . .but next time I see you. . .I'll kill you." She just stared at me and didn't respond. I turned and grabbed my sniper and pulse rifle. I walked down to the portal. I could see Cayde's body laying on the ground. I slowly walked up to him and knelt down. Half of his jaw was blown off and the light in his eyes and mouth were gone. Bits and pieces of his ghost were all over the place. I sighed and my eyes started to swell up with tears. I scooped up Cayde's lifeless body. His body weighed nothing as if his soul was the only thing weighing it down. I looked forward and started towards my ship.