Chapter 1 -- Meeting Sandara

Sandara, or Dara as what her friends call her, is a walking sunshine.. She has this smile that she gives freely to other people.. She is known to be cheerful, outgoing and carefree.. She's always with her uncles that's why she's a bit boyish in personality and acts..She is a very obedient daughter to her parents and a very loving sister to her younger sis, Minzy.. 

She may not be rich but she's had her own taste of wealth..She practically gets what she wants, what she needs, but she was never a SPOILED BRAT.. She shares what she has with her bestfriend Bom who doesn't have what she does.. She studied in a private school from Kindergarten till 1st year High School.. The reason she had to transfer to a public school is that  Dad suffered from an Intestinal Disease and they have to sell the things that they have, including the things that Dara loved the most.. She love her father more than all the material things that they have.. And if making her dad well means selling every thing that she loved, she would sell them in a heartbeat..

Dara's mom is strict and overbearing.. You can also tell that Dara's mom is the spoiled one and not her.. 

"DARA!!!!!!! Come here and fetch me some water! I need to take a bath! NOW!!" her mom shouted.

"Neh Omma!"

Dara's petite body carrying a big white pail full of water is rushing her way to go the bathroom where her mother was.. 

"Better prepare my clothes now, I need to go out!"

"Neh!"

"And prepare my toothbrush and a glass of water! Now!"

Dara obliged willingly.. Eventhough her mom is almost making her a slave with all the DARA-this! and DARA-that!, she still loves her dearly.. She knows how her mom sacrificed her life just to give birth to her.. And her mom can't bear a child since she was a blue baby and she has heart ailment.

IN SCHOOL:

"And the Top Student of the Class award goes to... DARA!" The adviser of Fourth Year-Section 4 announced to the whole 

class..

".. M-M-Me?!" Dara whispered to her classmate CL.

"Oh yeah chingu! That's definitely you! Is there any other student here named DARA?" CL jokingly said.

The whole class clapped their hands together while Dara went in front of the class and got her certificate, not noticing an irritating look from Sohee, who was the class Top 1 since 1st to 3rd grading.

"Make sure to let your parents attend the Recognition Event next week ok?" Mrs. Mora said.

"Neh seon-sang-nim." Dara replied.

"I'm sure your parents are so proud of you!" 

Dara sighed.. Her mom never appreciated whatever effort she has given to anything..

AT HOME:

"Omma, omma! Seon-sang-nim asked you to go to school next week!" She excitedly run towards her mom in her room.

"And what did you do this time?!" Dara's mom snapped.

"I am the.."

"You always give me headache with those extra-curricular things that you have! Why spare me some peaceful mind!"

Head bowed down, "Mianhe, Omma, I just wanna tell you that I am the top.."

"Top what?! I'm busy next week! There are lots of more important things that I have to do! Go to the kitchen and prepare us some dinner!"

"Neh omma, neh.." With tears almost coming out from her eyes, she went to the room crying..