Third Person POV

Charlotte grinned as she set her phone down. She was excited to meet Zach. She hadn't known the boy for more than a week but yet she was ecstatic. Since it was her first time meeting her newly acquired best friend she wanted to look good but not like she spent hours pining over what to wear. She dug through her closet until she found something that pleased her. A black crop top covered in roses, distressed jean shorts, two random socks and her black and white, checkered, slip on Vans. She tied her hair into two French braids and put on mascara and eyeliner. She checked the time on her phone and saw it nearing twelve thirty. She grabbed her purse and quickly ran down the stairs in the two floor apartment. She lived with Gabby, Kylie and Penny and luckily none of them were home. She left a quick note on the counter and left. She took a seat in the Uber she ordered and told the driver her destination. He took off down the street and Charlotte could barely contain herself. She was meeting her best friend.

Zach was also very excited to finally meet Charlotte. He set his phone on his bed, well air mattress, and stood up. He searched through his clothes, hoping to make a good first impression. He settled with black ripped jeans and a yellow and black striped top. He too, slid on a pair of slip on checkered Vans, unintentionally matching Charlotte. Little did he know that she would light up at the fact that they were matching. Unlike Charlotte, he took time to do his hair, styling just the way he liked it. He grabbed his phone and wallet before jogging downstairs. Like Charlotte, he lived with his four best friends and band mates, also known as Why Don't We. But unfortunately they were home and a little harder to sneak by. "Where are you going?" Corbyn asked the youngest boy. Zach froze in his tracks and slowly turned around. "To meet a friend." The young boy said, hoping to not get interrogated. He glanced at his phone and saw it was twelve thirty. He did not want to be late the first time he met his best friend. That wasn't a very good first impression. "Do we know this friend?" The oldest band member, Jonah asks. Zach admires Jonah. When the band first started, Zach was only fifteen. He was moving away from home and Jonah felt the need to look out for the younger boy. Two years later and Jonah still felt the same way. Zach was grateful that he had Jonah in his life. He was the oldest sibling in his family and moving away from home at such a young age was hard. The other boys were helpful and made it easier but Jonah was there every step of the way. When Zach felt homesick, Jonah was there to comfort him and make him feel better about the move. Jonah simply made life a little easier for Zach. "You don't really know this friend. I promise I'll be careful if that's what your worried about." Zach says, impatiently waiting to leave. "Have fun and come back in one piece." Jonah tells him. Zach smiles wider than the two older boys have ever seen. "Thanks! See you later!" The young boy calls as he races towards the door. Jonah and Corbyn watch in amusement. They have never seen the young boy so happy or move that fast to meet someone. Once Zach is fully out the door they turn to face each other. "He's totally meeting a girl." They say in sync. They smile and settle in to watch TV. They definitely plan on telling the other boys and giving Zach so much crap when he gets home.

In the Uber, Zach is a little worse at hiding his excitement. When the car comes to a stop at a light, the driver looks at him in the rear view mirror. "Going on a date kid?" The guy asks. Zach's leg stops bouncing and the boy meets the man's eyes. "No. I'm just meeting a friend." The boy says. "You seem to be very excited to just be meeting this friend." The older man says. "I've only known her for a week and this is our first time meeting. I don't know why I'm so excited." Zach explains. The man smiles knowingly. He pulls up to the entrance of the mall. "Have fun kid. And enjoy yourself." He says. Zach nods and hops out of the car. The man chuckles as the young boy scrambled through the crowd of people, hurriedly texting. The man knew that this girl was going to be more than just a friend.