Third Person POV

Apparently it could be very bad. At least that's how Charlotte felt. She had awkwardly walked away with Zach, no words being able to leave her mouth. "What was Reese going on about?" Zach asks, breaking the silence. Charlotte shakes her head. "Your little sister put you on blast. You've been exposed." Charlotte says, smiling. "What did she say?" Zach asks. "That you talk about me. A lot. And to your mom." Charlotte says. Zach chuckles. "I guess I do." He admits. "We also talked about what happens when they leave. I already promised FaceTime calls and texts. I'm too attached to those girls." Charlotte says. "They seem to really love you." Zach says, swinging their connected hands. Charlotte smiles. "I love them. They are so fun." She says. "They are something. But I love Isla and Svea like their my own sisters. Sometimes I forgot we aren't blood related. They feel like family." Zach says. "Family isn't always made up by blood. I share blood with people but I don't consider them family." Charlotte says. Zach nods and a silence settles over them. They walk for a bit, nothing but the sound of the waves crashing. Zach tries to hold off, not wanting to push, but he wants to know what Reese was talking about when she called him over. So he decides to ask. "What was Reese talking about when she called me over?" Zach asks. "Her and the other girls are convinced that we 'like like' each other." Charlotte says, shrugging. Zach feels his mind and heart at war. He decides there is no better time than the present and swallows his pride. "I wonder what gave them that idea?" He asks, his voice sounding unsteady in his own ears. "There's a list of things. I couldn't name them all if I tried." Charlotte says. "I can think of one." He says, trying to even out his breathing. "Really?" Charlotte asks, looking at him from the corner of her eye. If only he knew how fast her heart was racing as well. "Could it possibly be the fact that I do like like you?" Zach asks. He feels a weight lift off his shoulders but his heart is racing faster than ever. He's never been more nervous than he is right now. Charlotte's heart is racing just as much. She can't believe the words he just said. Her mind is spinning and all she wants to do is scream.

"That makes me feel a lot better about like liking you then." Charlotte says. Zach stumbles and Charlotte laughs. He steadies himself and pulls Charlotte closer to him. "So now what happens?" He asks, looking into her eyes. She bites her lip to suppress a grin. "I think now is a good time to kiss me Herron." She whispers. "There's nothing else I'd rather do." He whispers. Their faces are so close, Charlotte can feel his breath on her face. He slides a hand on her chin, while the other rests on her hip. She wraps her arms around his neck, her fingers grazing the nape of his neck. Her eyes flutter shut as his hand guides her face to his. Before she knows it, his lips are on hers and they are moving. Charlotte doesn't know how long it lasts but when it ends, she feels like she's on top of the world. Their foreheads rest against one another's, the only sound being their breathing. Charlotte opens her eyes and meets Zach's eyes. He smiles and she can't help but smile back. "I don't think I can be your best friend anymore." Charlotte whispers. Zach gets a hurt look on his face. "If you keep kissing me like that, I don't think I can handle being just friends." Charlotte explains. "So you want me to keep kissing you like this?" Zach asks, hooking a finger under her chin. "I want you to keep kissing me in general." Charlotte says. Zach places his lips on hers again and Charlotte gets the same feeling. Her whole body is on fire and she wishes she could stay in this moment forever. But to her and Zach's dismay, they need oxygen.

"What if someone comes looking for us?" Charlotte asks, her breathing unsteady. "Charlotte Nicole James, would you like to be my girlfriend?" Zach asks, a grin on his face. Despite everything she told the other boys and the girls, she wants to say yes. Her mind is yelling at her to say no, to not risk the best relationship in her entire life. But her heart is winning. For once in her life Charlotte wants to listen to her heart and be happy. So she does. "I would love nothing more." She says, kissing Zach again. He smiles into the kiss, happy to be able to call this girl his. They break away again and laugh. "I've been wanting to do that since the day we first met." Zach admits. Charlotte chuckles. "I've been wanting something like that to happen since we met too." She says. "Are we gonna tell the others?" Zach asks, rubbing her knuckles with his thumb. She shakes her head. "Let's make them wait a bit. They've been wanting this for a long time." She says. Zach grins. "I don't know if I'll be able to stop myself from kissing you but I'm okay with watching them fidget." He says. "We wandered off on our own a lot before this. We can do that and you'll be able to kiss me all you want." Charlotte promises. He chuckles before kissing her again. "How long do you think we have before someone comes looking for us?" Zach asks. Charlotte glances at where they came from and sees nothing. For good measure, she pulls Zach behind a rock formation and quickly attaches her lips to his.