Chapter 8

"You do resemble him." Karin was the first to start the conversation as she sat at the table and looked at Itachi. "Why did you leave him alone?"

"I had my reasons. Some things could not be avoided. You probably know everything regarding the plan of the Uchiha Elders. I had no way out except for the one that I chose." Itachi was trying to not sound awkward because of her. After all she was his sister-in-law now.

"Yes. Sasuke told me everything. Eventually he found out your real reasons and got over your betrayal, but he still planned to come after you." Karin watched Itachi in the eyes and added one last thing.

"She couldn't have done anything. Pein...was way to cruel in killing him." She rose from her seat and began walking towards the door of the house. "Also I suggest you create a sound proof chakra area. So you don't hear the screams." With the last words Karin left the house and Itachi in a confused state.

As soon as the house door was closed Itachi felt himself relaxing for a bit. Ever since he entered the house, he's been in a constant state of nervousness and shock. Seeing his dead brother's wife alive and even his nephew, left him shocked as to what Sakura could and did do. "Haruno Sakura..." A few seconds later, he entered the small living room knowing that his was occupied at the moment, just when he heard screams. More exactly, her screams. Leaving aside his thoughts he climbed the stairs to his current room and grabbed the door knob. The room was immersed in pitch black and he barely had any vision inside. But as soon as his eyes began to accommodate to the darkness he saw her sitting in the bed grabbing her knees with such force that her hands began to have white lines all over.

Looking at her face he noticed her tears rolling down her cheeks making him think of a little cry-baby girl.

"No...No...I couldn't..." he went to the side of the bed looking at her and in an attempt to soothe her, he took Sakura in his arms. He noticed that her cries began to lower until they became small whispers and mumbles.

"I couldn't save him! I failed him, and thus I failed you Itachi. I let him die and...it's my fault." Sakura looked at his eyes. "You must hate me. You have to hate me. I let your brother die." for a few seconds he didn't say anything and just when he was about to, she got ahead of him. "You should just kill me. Right now...Right here! Do it! I have lost the right to live when-" Sakura lowered her head and felt him stiffen.

"Enough Sakura. Stop blaming yourself. Look at me. Hey, look at me!" He grabbed her chin and lifted up her head. "It's alright. You did what you could, no one blames you."

Slowly Sakura's gaze started to soften as she took in Itachi's gaze. There was something in his eyes that calmed her, as she was getting back to her usual self. But as soon as she began to soften up to him, her memories came back to her.

"Nothing is alright. You should go. I would like to be left alone." She avoided his stare and when he wanted to say something, Sakura turned to look at him with haunted eyes.

"Please Itachi."

"We will talk in the morning. If you need anything just yell." With these last words Itachi left the room and went towards the living room.

Sakura took one more look at the window and went to sleep afterwards, hoping that the nightmares would not return.

The morning came fast as Karin entered the room Sakura was sleeping in, with a hot cup of coffee. The only thing was that Sakura was not in the room.

"Jeez Sakura, you're always disappearing like that." Karin fumed for a bit longer, and afterwards she just left the room to return to her doings.

"What are you thinking Tsunade-sama?" an angry voice echoed from the Hokage's office.