Chapter 4

When Itachi woke up he saw the he was alone in the room. For a moment there he activated his sharingan for any clues. Then he saw a small note on the desk. As he picked it up he noticed that it was written by Deidara: "I am borrowing pinkie for a while. We're going to be outside."

Itachi crumpled the note as he was taking the cloak on his shoulders. He opened the door towards the long hall and started walking towards the exit of the hideout. A few minutes later Itachi arrived at the place that he thought Deidara mentioned. The first person he noticed was Ino being dragged by Sasori to the other members. A bit farther away was Sakura between Tobi and Deidara watching something with a straight look. Itachi didn't know what to make of that, then he saw her turning her head to the side looking at the ground. When he saw what she was watching, he remained still. Hidan and Kakuzu were torturing a small girl with a chakra whip.

Then in a matter of seconds he saw her in front of the little girl catching the chakra whip and throwing Kakuzu in the air a few meters away. Hidan looked at her annoyed because she interrupted the fun they had. "You leave her alone." she whispered in a low voice but enough for the others to distinguish her fury.

"Sakura !" Ino's voice echoed through the forest.

"Says who?" Hidan asked when he sprinted towards the two of them lashing his reapper-like weapon. Sakura didn't move an inch and waited for the clash. With her gloves on, she simply caught the blade of the weapon with her eyes closed, the impact being visible behind Sakura as a dusty forcefull wind. "I say." Sakura let go of the blade and Hidan made a few steps back obviously startled by her strength.

"Didn't expect less from an apprentice of Lady Tsunade, one of the 3 Sanin."

"No. Stop it!" Ino screamed again. She looked at Deidara with fear in eyes begging him to stop everything. Deidara kept staring at her. "Please. Otherwise Sakura..."

"Stay put blondie. You don't want to get in Hidan's way or you will be crushed too."

Sakura still kept her eyes closed trying to calm down her fury. She bent down near the little girl she didn't recognize and she saw the wounds on her back and swore. Itachi kept watching Sakura and the girl. He noticed that her aura was different from the day before when they battled. She seemed, stronger. No. She was much stronger than he thought. "So, was she saying the truth last night? Her being captured by Akatsuki, was her plan?" he thought to himself.

"Are you ok?" Sakura asked the little girl.

"Mm...it hurts." the little girl cried out in pain.

"I will make it go away really fast ok?" said Sakura smilling a little at her. Sakura took off her glove and put her palm on her back pushing chakra onto the wounds cooling them. Slowly they were replaced by scars and a few moments later the pain was gone, the scars also leaving the girl's back as new. "See? It's better now right?"

"Oi, do you think we're at nursery now? Stand up and fight woman." Hidan yelled.

"Onee-chan...Mm. It's a lot better. It doesn't hurt anymore. Thank you." as soon as the little girl recovered Sakura rose back to her feet and turned around to face Hidan and Kakuzu.

"A human being is not a play toy for anyone." Sakura looked straight into Hidan's eyes emerald being replaced by crimson. Itachi also noticed the change and he knew that everyone else did also. Mostly Hidan as he began to step back in an attempt to distance himself.

"W-What is this? Itachi, what is the meaning of this?" Hidan yelled glancing in Itachi's way.

"Sharingan." Ino whispered. "N-No." Deidara took a brief look at Ino only to see her shivering from fear.