Chapter 5

Itachi picked Sakura in his arms and took her back to the hideout where everyone else where. As soon as he closed the door he could feel a lot of eyes towards him. He ignored them and kept walking towards his room and placed Sakura on the bed. Itachi gave her one last glance and exited the room. Thoughts took over him each of them more different than the other.

"Did something happen?" Deidara asked Itachi as he propped himself in front oh him.

"No." he mumbled.

"Myeah. I know when you're lying Itachi."

"This issue doesn't concern you at all." Itachi began walking away from Deidara.

"Just watch out for her. She is incredibly strong, she might be even stronger than you Itachi." Deidara vanished into thin air leaving Itachi alone in the hall.

"Damn !" Itachi hit the wall with his fist and swore. "What the hell is going on here?" Itachi's thoughts were not leaving him alone though.

"Itachi-nii san?" the girl's voice said.

"Oh. Kotori, did I wake you up?" he bent down and apologized to the little girl.

"N-No. Um...Sakura-nee chan...You're not going to hurt her right?"

"She's a hostage and a bad person."

"No! Sakura-nee chan is not mean. I saw it when she healed me. She's a kind person."

"You wouldn't say this if you knew what she did. But still you're a kid and you shouldn't involve yourself with strangers."

"Sakura-nee is not a stranger. She protected me, so there's no way she is a bad person." the girl began to tear and Itachi stopped talking about Sakura and brought Kotori to the kitchen.

"Ok. Wanna grab a snack?"

"Yup. Thank you." Kotori smiled at Itachi and followed him to the kitchen.

The next morning Sakura woke up with a terrible headache and her neckthroat sore. She remember the latest events and glanced around the room. She was not alone. Itachi was laid on the ground with a book near him resting after yesterday. That moment she thought that maybe he was not as mean as she supposed he were. But he was still Uchiha Itachi, Sasuke's brother. Sakura rose on her feet and started to dress up to go outside for a bit of air. She needed to think about everything. As she finished, Sakura went towards the door, but just when she was about to grip the handle she stumbled upon something and fell over Itachi.

That something was actually the chair from the desk that was pulled on the outside too much. Eventually she tripped on one of it's legs and fell. Itachi, out of reflex, turned Sakura to face him on the ground as he immobilized her hands above her head with hand, the other holding a kunai at her neck. His Sharingan was activated and he was in a battle stance. Sakura thought that probably this was normal for him as he had to be always on continuous run in missions.

"Going somewhere?" he asked in a rough voice.

"I was just going outside for a bit. I didn't...want to wake you." Sakura looked straight into his eyes and none of them said anything until Itachi released her 1 minute later.

"How are you feeling?" Itachi asked.

"Well I pretty much need a shower due to the yesterday's dive in the lake." Sakura turned her head to the side hoping that he wouldn't see her embarrasment.

"That was not a dive. You almost drowned." his sharnigan began to change to his normal eyes onyx eyes.

"I was just numb. I shouldn't have touched Hidan's weapon, but I noticed too late that it was poisoned."