Chapter 4

Chapter Four

Waves lapped against the shore, slowly caressing the sand with each passing breath. The sea beyond the shore was a dark blue, the three moons above shone their light down below, their light fracturing through the soft liquid.

On the grainy sand sat a boy, no more than eighteen as he stared at the scene before him. His piercing eyes were like two different colored lanterns in the night. As the water touched his feet, Kai sighed aloud.

He knew that he had passed out after seeing those three beast men and he felt as if it had been a super girly thing to do. However, after he had entered this dreamlike state, he realized he had not fainted due to shock, there was something going on with his body that had sent him here. It seemed the most plausible that whatever was happening in his body had made his mind shut down before it occurred. Why, he didn't know. So, he just sat there, staring at the endless ocean and the three moons that lit up the world beneath them, thinking about everything, yet nothing at all.

Clan Lord Hidel watched as the four men and the unconscious boy moved through the bottom floor of his house. He instructed Aslin to put the boy on a small sedan that occupied the corner of the room. Once the boy had been settled, he turned to the three and gave a tooth grin, an undetectable hint of hostility within his eyes.

"You've only added four hours to your mission. Get it finished by tomorrow midday." His growl reverberated around the room, causing the less powerful three to shudder in fear.

"Yes sir!" All three chorused before dashing from the room, cold sweat dripping down their backs.

Once the three left, Clan Lord Hidel turned toward Old man Jaelen with a calm expression on his face. Before they even talked, Hidel knew that there had to be something odd going on with this boy. Reaching out with his senses, Hidel tried to look into the boy's soul. However, his perception was blocked before he could even determine anything.

"What's this?" Hidel murmured with an astonished look on his face.

"It seems he blocked you as well." Jaelen sighed, his bright eyes never leaving the boy. He watched as the clan lord stepped forward and touched the boy with a wisp of bright red light. The red light was a form of power that those with an Element could manifest. It was a concentrated version of the Element and took on a mystical property that could damage or heal a person's soul. It was most commonly referred to as Elemental Soul Force.

The two higher echelon of the village watched in trepidation as the clan lords soul force neared the boy. Jaelen had called back his own element so nothing could restrict the red light. Once that blood red light touched the boys skin, they both sucked in a breath.

Upon touching the boys skin, Clan Lord Hidel's Elemental Soul Force had dissipated. Hidel had even felt an unknown power tug on his own soul. This mysterious young boy had somehow taken away part of Hidel's power. Like a black hole, his body had eaten what had touched him.

"Amazing," Hidel felt his body shiver in excitement. He had never heard of anyone being able to take away someone else's Element. Beside him, Jaelen sent out a wisp of his own green soul force, but the same exact thing occurred.

With astonishment flashing across their faces, the two of them felt suddenly a lot older.

"We can not let anyone else know of this." Jaelen warned the clan lord.

"That would be wise, but I hope this boy will wake up. I want to interrogate him."

"I wish to speak with him as well, but even I cannot determine when his mind will recover."