Chapter 5

Chapter Five

"You're finally awake." A soft voice reached Kai's ears. Groaning as pain flared through every muscle, Kai grimaced. Old Man Jaelen noticed this and reached out with his Element to breathe life into the muscles that hadn't moved in months.

Jaelen had almost yelled in excitement when he had seen the young man awaken. However, he hid in his excitement as soon as he saw the boy's eyes. The boy's right eye was as blue as the day lit skies and his left one was as green as the forests. He had never seen anyone with two different colored eyes before and it made him pause. But, thinking about the legends that he had heard from his master about those with special colored eyes, he kept his thought to himself.

"How are you feeling?" Jaelen asked as his Element continued to heal the stiffness in the boy's legs. ANother groan escaped Kai and he shifted his legs until he was able to bend then, moving them for the first time.

"I'm okay," the boy's voice came out raspy from unuse. He then coughed several times. Worried, Jaelen handed the boy a glass of water and watched as he drank it slowly, moistening his throat with the soft liquid.

"Where am I?" Kai asked, his eyes sparkling with intelligence. Jaelen was astonished, the boy wasn't from here?

"You don't remember anything?"

"I only remember my name." Kai said truthfully. He could only remember bright lights, it was as if every memory he had from his life before had disappeared within the last seven months. Sighing, the Kai closed his eyes and thought back to the lights he had been dealing with for almost a year. Something hit him at that moment, he realized that was all he remembered. Everything else but the brightly lit moons was a blur. The only thing he could remember was his name.

Kai didn't panic though, he felt as though he had been brought to this place because he had been searching for it. Hadn't he?

"What's your name?" Jaelen asked the boy.

"Kai," was the soft answer.

Jaelen sighed. This young man's hair had once had streaks of black in it, but over the time he had been unconscious, his hair had turned a greyish white that sparkled even in the dark. His eyes just added to the mystery but did not seem out of place on his boyish face. Deciding that it was best for this boy to learn Jaelen began from the basics of the world.

Before this world was born, there was a time that was called the Era of Chaos. The Era of Chaos spanned across hundreds of thousands of years and was the only era from the start of time. It gave birth to gods and demons, all of which controlled tremendous power and were almost immortal.

Amongst the passage of time, limitless races appeared on the continent. Until one day when a battle occurred and even the deities, demons, and ancient beast kings participated.

That battle shook the sun and moon and even ripped apart earth, finally dragging in the Chaos Gods into the battle. These three Gods used prohibited power and created a destructive windstorm that shattered the continent.

The world didn't end after the continent shattered. Instead, this gigantic continent was split into thousands of pieces and each piece flew through time and space to become its own separate world. The deities, demons, humans and beast kings all chose their own world thus creating the universe as everyone knew it.

The world where Kai was now was referred to as Aitheria. One could travel to the other worlds as long as they were able to cultivate to a high enough level. This would mean one would at least need to be a Divine Lord. The reason for this was because anyone under that realm would have their bodies restricted as the Element's within their core would literally start shutting their systems down.