7

All eyes widen but stayed glued on me. Nobody spoke. Every just seemed surprised by what I had said. Crud wat did I get myself into. I felt uncomfortable in the silence and then tried to figure a way out of this awkward situation.

I feel like a tumbleweed is going to pass me any second now.

Breaking up the silence, Charles started to laugh which made my furrow my eyebrows

"Good one Case" he chuckled. "But you're not fooling me this time"

"I'm being serious!" I exclaimed. "What's so wrong about having a girl on the football team?" I asked and Charles looked around, sharing the same expression with everyone else.

"You're just better off cheering for us instead of actually being in the game. You're already a great cheerleader. Stick with your pom poms" Charles responded, trying to reason nicely but ended up sounding petty. He's so stereotypical.

I closed my eyes and sighed. I've never felt this feeling before. Embarrassed but yet I craved for revenge. I'm sick of Charles making the rules and forcing me to stick with them. He's always pushing me around. Don't get me wrong, he's a great brother but sometimes he could be bundled up in too much care for me that its to the point that I don't need it. He just takes the fact that hes older than me and holds it against me like its some sort of threat. But guess what? I'm not going to be a kid for ever and hes not even that much older than me!

"Okay then..." I mumbled and looked back up to him. "Since you're always making the choices around here why not make this one. Put me on the team or let me have a boyfriend"

Jaws dropped and eyes landed on Charles who looked like he was about to exhale fire. "What makes you think I'd let you have either" he said coldly and I straightened my back

"Its your choice, Charles. Just choose one or else I'm living in a junk yard" now I'm embarrassed . Who says that they're going to live in a junkyard ?!?

"And what are you going to do in a junkyard?" He snorted

"Live...in a yard...with junk" I answered hesitantly and he raised an eyebrow

"Fine" he sighed and let his arms flop. "Go get yourself a boyfriend"

Blinking again, I asked "wait really?"

"Yeah. There's probably a low chance of that anyway" he scoffed and my smile disappeared. Did he just-

I felt like slapping him so hard at that time but I knew I couldn't since all eyes were still glued on us. My own brother thinks i can't get a boyfriend? Is he calling me ugly or maybe even not girlfriend material?

"Not cool, Charles" someone said. I could recognize that voice anywhere. I looked up to joey who had his hands tucked in his jeans, staring at Charles then me. "That's wrong to say"

"Sorry" Charles said, sounding sarcastic. "But lets be real. Who would date my sister?"

"Me obviously" Chad confidently raised his hand. Of course. Charles rolled his eyes and shrugged.

"Someone other than you" Charles shook his head and i glanced around the room. Hands started to raise in the air but my jaw did the opposite. Nearly all the guys on the football team had their hands up and i was stunned. Charles seemed shocked as he looked at his team in disappointment.

I turned my head back to joey and my eyes nearly popped out once i saw his and in the air. Holy cheeseballs! I'm sending out wedding invites

I got caught up in so much emotions that I didn't even realize Charles clicking his fingers in front of my face. "What are you still standing here for?" He asked. "Go get yourself a boyfriend for freakin sake"

"Thank you" I breathed out

"Just get out of here!"

I smiled then started to run up the stairs, excited to tell my two best friends about everything. But I couldn't help but feel like live forgotten something completely.

Oh shoot. Mary's water with ice cubes!

Sighing, I turned to walk back down stairs but stopped myself from bumping into a body that I noticed in front of me, one step below

"Case. hey"  joey said then smiled

I gulped. "Hey joey. Uh I'm sorry i was just going back down-

"I wanted to talk to you about something actually." He interrupted me. "Do you have time?" He asked. I waited exactly 3 seconds to reply with a yes. I didn't want to seem desperate

"Yeah. Sure" I replied and he gestured his head towards the top of the stairs

End of chapter
Oops I forgot to post this chapter loll