Senseless Humor.

So maybe I'm that famous for surviving vampire bite that they can't wait for me to die as soon as possible. After a three-week in and out of consciousness stay at the hospital, the shelter's general oriented us about an infiltration mission to the central command of those bats in our country. Turned out they've got Intel about the High Emperor's location. How they got it was thanks to Noelle. She is indeed remarkable on thinking of tapping the communication lines of those bats. She was so confident as the tapped conversation was played during our orientation.

Noelle had been serious all these time on finding the central command of those bats ever since the declaration France's falling. Most of Europe had turned to bats, or became slaves to them, France of course was the last to do so. But when it succumb many followed. After the their fall the vampires started this communications and broadcasts about how they would spare those who voluntarily submit to them. They also started shows of how humans can live their lives at peace with vampires by being their mates. Vampires can not mate with each other, but can copulate with a human girl. It was as if being a bat is a new life style now. They started luring humans to turn voluntarily or be one of those whom they call companion. Europe was the trend-setter even pre-Vampire time but how can they turn their back to humanity that fast? And that enraged Noelle so to the point that she found a way to stop the broad cast not only in our country but the world. The death of the high emperor would make those bats realize that being like them is not what humanity wanted from the start.

"So we leave in what a week?" I asked drinking my tea being sarcastic about the whole situation. "I was just discharged from the hospital three days ago and you expect me to go on a mission?" I was looking head on to the general. It wasn't like i was being selfish but fighting with my men was different than fighting with these girls. And seeing the blood lust in Xed's eyes that night had made me wake screaming at night for the last three days. Trust me, stress, fatigue and nightmares aren't a good combination.

"Fran you offered to rescue those kids two years ago." Nelle argued. "What makes this mission any different?"

I sighed and pulled the sleeve of my hoodie to show her the scar on my left arm where the bones stuck out two years ago. I also unzipped my hoodie just enough to show them the bite mark that was still a bit swollen. "This war didn't just battered my body. If this war can heal my nightmares as easy as healing my wounds, I'd take you out of this shelter as easy as a snap of his finger. Noelle, you are a spy, you infiltrate, but you don't kill a comrade because he's bitten. I've seen men dying...and I won't be the one to take you to your deaths." I was so afraid of seeing them dead in from of me that they can call me a coward. "General, if you may ask me, I'd like to take a handful of my men to participate on this mission. Take this girls out of it. I know my team can handle such."

I saw the pity from the general's eyes. He would let me do it I know, but I also know that each of these girls are vital to the mission. And the mission wasn't conquer and destroy like most of what I do. "I'm sorry Major, you can not handle this alone with your rough necks. These ladies had volunteered for this mission and they have their specific role to play once you arrived at the malacaniang palace. Queencie knows that place like the back of her hand. Mushka and Noelle knows how to get in without being seen, and Major Chealsea can fly you there. We need you to kill the high emperor since I know personally your strength." He said as charismatic as possible. I know that sweet talk because I do it all the time to my men. "These girls volunteered, help them come back alive."

Those last words pushed me off the cliff of sanity. They volunteered to a suicide mission, and as crazy as I am that the general knows, I'll protect them with my life. "If anyone of you dies on me, I'll kill you twice. Got that?" I said eyeing the four of them as they stopped themselves from smiling. And with irritation, I stood up and walked out.

"Thank you for convincing her sir." Noelle said in her perky voice. "You'll never regret it." That was all that I heard because I started running.

I am not afraid of dying, I've been almost dead two times now. And I can say that dying isn't my worst fear. Being in this war had given me nightmares that only Xed's visits can stop. I can sleep easily when he visits me even if we tried killing each other at times. Killing him in vampire form was easier than seeing my loved ones' corps, dead because of this war. I'm not afraid of dying...I'm afraid of being alone. And for the last three days I haven't seen anything but their fear stricken faces lifeless covered with blood as Xed's blood lust raged on. My Mom would always wake me before i could kill him...but I never could kill him...because I love him...I love him still. I am not afraid of dying. I am afraid of losing him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the short chapter. this one is just a filler.