Second Appearance: AG Magi

Now this was an epic Games. I did this one by myself and I think those of us who participated agree that it was probably the best (or pretty close to it anyway). We've been reminiscing and thinking about this one a lot lately, since in the current Games, Magi Games, some of us have connected to a few of our characters. 

What was AG Magi, anyway?

Well, I wanted to stray from the typical Author Games storyline; basically the Hunger Games. Writers invent characters from all Twelve Districts and they get thrown into an arena that the Gamemaker and judge designs, so part of what made each Author's Game competition different was your creativity in making arenas.

For me, Pandora's Box was my test. At the time, I already had Magi in the making and I wanted to get used to what being a host was like and how the Games actually worked on the judge's side of it, since I participated in all the mainstream Games in the AG (Author Games) community at the time. When Pandora's Box ended up being a success, I decided to go ahead with Author's Games: Magi.

 When Pandora's Box ended up being a success, I decided to go ahead with Author's Games: Magi

I built a world called Castre, which was a land filled with magical races and magic. The quick summary is that an evil man by the name of Vaxon took the throne from the king, so now he reigned supreme. He wanted to eradicate the Magi, people with magical power, but twenty-four young ones had been rescued by his brother and their teacher. They had evaded him for a few years, but now he had captured them and decided to throw them in an arena to fight to the death against each other.

Every single writer came up with a dramatic and tragic backstory for their characters. From Eiridan and Jae, written by ariel_paiment1, to Mordzar, written by: JesterheadJohnSnow; Kalix Leanour written by wordsmith-, Jaxon written by BR00KIE_Wilson; Evian and Ashni Davini, written by CCWinters, Telex and Sigel the most amazing brothers ever, written by a writer I can't name anymore, to adorable Leovarettan written by SomaYounn, Lilja and Chanel Svana written by WhovianHorseLover, Aelia Zephyr, written by music1or1books, and Chiara written by NarcissisticCactus. Yes, it's a HUGE list, but everyone had such amazing characters (and these are just a few of the bunch).

I invented the royal family, aka the Gamemakers: Vaxon, his evil wife and mind reader Vasti, his son Kyren who had an EXTREMELY tragic backstory, and the bratty younger sister who drove all of the male tributes insane, aka Nassia.

Kyren was thrown into the arena with the other Magi and the slaughter began. Several of the best tributes immediately went out in the first round, including and several of them whose writers never handed in an entry at all: Nikolai and Naven Aerie, written by wynterblack (we so desperately wanted to read more from them), Kalen and Jae.

Task One started them in the arena which was divided into biomes each with a different monster that they had to face. 

Task Two forced the tributes into caves where they had to follow a mysterious ancient poem to find the items that they needed to survive. 

Task Three began a long and harsh escape from the arena as Vaxon cast a spell called Shattered Sight, which would drive everyone mad, forcing them to see the worst in the people around you. Kyren stopped the spell, but fought several Magi on his way out and ended up being captured by them. 

Task Four gave everyone a break as they journeyed away from the arena and tried to convince Kyren to turn good again and help them defeat Vaxon. 

Task Five brought about the boss fight with Vaxon, where the tributes had to watch him murder their loved ones and then fight and kill him to end his reign of tyranny. The entries were INTENSE and left us with LOTS OF FEELS and moments that made us cringe.