A chance encounter

Time skip

Jade POV

I was sitting at my window when Eugene came in with a satchel in his hands.
" I went back to the flower chamber and found something that belongs to you" He said quietly, handing me the satchel. When I looked inside I saw the pieces of my goggles.
" why would you get this for me?" I asked, on the brink of tears.
" I know how alone you must feel right now. Thinking everyone is turning on you. But even though you feel like she doesn't; Rapunzel does care about you and so do Cassandra and I. No matter what you choose now,we will support you" He said, giving me a small smile.
"Thanks Eugene. I think the first thing I'm going to do is see Xavier and ask if he can fix my goggles. Then I'm going to work on something to make my chair faster" I said, getting excited towards the end.
"That's the spirit!" He said happily. I get into my chair and make my way to the village.

Small time skip

I get to the village and head to Xavier's blacksmith.
"Hello Jade, what can I help you with?" He asked
" I was wondering if you could fix my goggles" I tell him, handing him the satchel.
"It will take some time but as soon as I'm done I'll let you know." He replied
" thank you Xavier " I said before leaving.
While looking around the village, I caught a glimpse of Varian. I pushed my chair as fast as I could; realising I wouldn't be able to catch up. I connected my new invention, the leg frame, to my thighs and stood up shakily but started running after Varian. Once I was just behind him, I called out to him
" VARIAN"
I watched as Varian kept on walking into the distance as if he hadn't heard me at all. I used all of my strength to sprint ahead of him and stop in his path.
"Are you just going to ignore me?" I huffed, my face inches from his.
"Just let it go, Jade"
"I can't!" I shouted "you mean everything to me... well you did"
"Jade, I'm trying to help you. You don't understand"
"No! I don't understand."
"Just go back to the castle, Princess."
"You need to tell me what's going on. Were you really using me all this time? I though I meant something to you. I wanted to mean something to you"
Varian sighed and reached into his pocket. "Your highness" he bowed sarcastically.
"Don't call me that!" I said, gritting my teeth.
I watched in bewilderment as he threw down another pink smoke bomb and vanished from my sight. I cough from the smoke and let a single tear roll down my cheek.
"What did he mean he was trying to help me?" I whisper to myself, walking back to my wheelchair. I sit down and start pushing my chair back to the castle. Once I get back, I go straight to my room and lock the door. I push my chair over to the window and sit on the window sill.