III

I've been writing this for months, and it's really not great, but I can't keep reading what you just posted -lowkeyluke- , so I decided to keep writing this. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leaving was always hard.

Wether it was for a couple days or a few weeks, having to leave their families and everyday lives, always downed on the girls.
Specially when they all were aware of the fact that there was always the possibility that they could not make it back.

The girls knew it. Clare knew it. Her parents knew it.

And although they had to keep a straight face for the sake of the mission, it was always hard sending their daughter -and the girls they thought of as daughters-  away.

But they had chosen this life.

They wanted to protect others.

No matter the cost.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The flight was long and boring.

Being stuck on a plane for almost 9 hours gave Clare some time to think.

What would the boys be like?

They had kept an eye on people before, but never to this extent. 

This mission was important.  They had to protect these guys. They were willing to risk their lives in order to do so. 

She trusted her team. 

With her life. 

That was the only way of making it through this job. 

But what if they couldn't fool them?

Although they had all been trained in every field, she still was weary of her acting skills. She knew she was decent, otherwise she wouldn't have this job, but having to fake your entire identity for a prolonged, and undefined, period of time? 

It was certainly going to make her struggle. 

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

The girls were relieved when the plane landed, thankful that they could finally stretch their legs correctly. 

A sign with the name of their 'band' was waiting for them. Behind it, a broad tall man. 

He looked intimidating at first glance. The sign almost looked funny next to him.

The girls straightened their backs and walked towards him.

"Hi, um, we're-" said Ilse when she realized none of the other girls were going to say something, but she was cut off before she could even finish her sentence.

"You are the agents that were sent for  the undercover security?" He frowned.

Now, this caused Clare to irk an eyebrow.

Throughout their career, they had been doubted by many people. Not many expected a group of teenage girls to be secret agents, but they had learnt to use this to their advantage.

The element of surprise always worked.

"Is there a problem?" Questioned Jasine, the amusement  underlining her voice.

"I just, I guess I was expecting—"he mumbled, "anyway, I'm Dave, the band's head of security. The agency has been in contact with me, I'd be assisting you guys through the tour."