5 O'Clock at the Moon Motel

When Camille woke up the sky was still dark, but developing a gray-blue tinge implying an imminent sunrise. She groggily looked about her, forgetting she had come out to the porch last night. She saw a figure in the distance, cloaked by fog. As it approached, it looked more like two figures, two heads at least. Camille squinted in the moonlight, making out Elio's body, and the second head to be a shovel. Elio cocked his head in confusion upon reaching the cabin.

"Honey, what are you doing outside? It's chilly." He helped her sleepy body up the porch to their screen door. Before entering the cabin, Camille turned to face Elio.

"What's the shovel for?"

Elio smiled. "Stray dog or coyote or something. It was being an absolute nuisance, thought I'd scare it off before it woke you." Camille was thankful for Elio's bravery, but confused at the timeline. He had been out for over an hour at least. That seemed too long.

"Okay."

"In a few hours I'm going to drive to the gas station to buy a few more gallons and groceries. You could stay here and pack up, maybe go swimming."

"Okay." Camille repeated softly. Elio kissed the top of her head and the two got back into bed.