Chapter 1

Everyone has a soulmate. Some find it early, some later and those unfortunate ones, who never find one at all. Most people would have already met their life partner by the age of 17. But Eren Jaeger, who is now 18, still has not found his other half yet and is beganning to get worried. He does not want to die alone or live the rest of his life alone.

-

Eren sighed as he tapped his pencil against his school table. For the millionth time, he could not stop thinking about it. Almost everyone he knew already found their love of their life. He was scared that maybe he would be one of those unfortunate ones.

Eren snapped out of his thoughts when he heard his bestfriend calling him. "Hey Eren!" Eren cracked a smile and waved at the blonde boy running towards him. "Hey Armin." Armin sat next to Eren and placed all his books on the table before turning around to talk to Eren.

Armin noticed and felt a depressing aura coming out of Eren. It was as if there was a gloomy cloud atop of Eren's head. "What's wrong? Are you okay?" Armin asked worriedly. Eren just shook his head and sighed. Armin could already tell why Eren was so upset. Eren never really complained much, but he could tell what was the reason.

"Don't worry. You'll meet that person one day. I'm sure of it." Armin patted his Eren's shoulder comfortingly. "Thanks buddy. That's kinda what I needed to hear." Armin smiled and pulled his hand away. Eren caught a glimsp of Armin's left palm.

He could clearly see the black, cursive neat writing engraved to Armin's palm. The name of Armin's soulmate. Jean Kirschtein. That name was neatly scrawled across Armin's palm. Eren felt a small twinge in his heart.

Will I really find my soulmate? Eren hoped what Armin said was true. He never liked being alone. His parents died when he was 13 and all he had left was his adopted sister Mikasa. She took care of him but last year she had to leave the country temporarily to study.

At first she didn't want to leave Eren all alone but Eren insisted she went off to study overseas. So he was now currently staying in an apartment a few blocks away from his school.

The bell for school to start suddenly rang loudly. Eren sighed for the umpteenth time. Might as well get over with studies. He didn't particularly like studying very much. But thankfully, he was born with a smart brain and could learn fast plus he was blessed with an extremely intelligent bestfriend.

- Time skip to recess. -

Eren bought a sandwhich and a drink and walked back to his seat where Armin and Jean was. He didn't really like Jean but since Armin was there, he figured he could sacrifice a bit for him.

When he was walking back, he saw Jean wrapping an arm around Armin and was whispering something to him and made Armin blush and giggle. They were a sweet couple Eren had to admit. It was just that they both had conpletely different personalities. Opposites attract, is what Jean always said.

"Okay guys stop being all lovey-dovey and making me an awkward thirdwheel thank you." Jean just rolled his eyes. "Yeah you still haven't found your's yet so that's why you're forever going to be the thirdwheel." Eren bit his lip. That was abit too harsh.

Armin gasped before pushing Jean away to stare at him "Jean! Why must you be so-" Armin was cut off by Eren. "No, its okay. I'll just sit somewhere else. Don't follow me. Please. I want to eat alone today." Eren didn't wait for a reply and got up to find another seat.

"You are unbelievable Jean. You know Eren gets sad at things like this. I can't believe you actually said that. Now thanks to you my bestfriend doesn't even want to eat with me now." Armin huffed and crossed his arms.

"Baby I'm sorry. It was meant to be a joke I swear. Baby please I'll apologize now. Please talk to me." Armin eyed Jean for a second. "Go say sorry now then I'll forgive you." Jean immediately nodded and went to Eren.

Eventhough he didn't like Eren, he'd do anything for his sweet Armin. He swore, Armin was way too good for him.

Jean saw Eren eating by himself at a corner on an empty table. He ran up to Eren. "Uh hey. Sorry about what happened back there. No hard feelings?" Eren looked up from his food.

He could tell Jean wasn't being sincere and that he was only doing it for Armin. He couldn't care less anyway. Eren nodded and muttered a "It's fine" and went back to eating. Jean said a thanks and ran back to Armin.

Eren thought to himself silently. Is it true? That I'll forever be a third wheel? Eren could feel his heart hurting and tears welling up in his eyes. He quickly wiped them away. He didn't want anyone to see him like this.

He got up, threw away his rubbish and walked back to class. When he got there he saw Armin waiting by his desk with an apologetic look. Eren just smiled. Armin smiled back and his shoulders sagged in relief. Lessons went on as usual and Eren mind was filled with nothing but about what Jean had said to him.

Soon school ended and it was time to go home. He said bye to Armin before walking home. It was about a 15 minute walk from school to home. He passed by a new coffee shop. Must be new he thought. The shop looked kinda adorable because it was small. The aroma of coffee was emitting out of the store. "Maybe I'll try some of the coffee tomorrow."

He made a mental note for tomorrow and returned to his journey home. When he got home, he quickly showered and plopped himself down on his bed. He was tired already. He turned off his bedside lamp and tried to sleep. Insomnia was a bitch sometimes.
__________________________

so yes hello! i decided to make a soulmate au kinda fic since i had the plot in my mind for quite sometime. i hope you guys enjoy this one! love you! <3