5 | Other Half

A loud cry woke Judar that morning. He looked sleepily at the girl who was clutching the scratchy blanket to her chest.

"J-J-Judar, what are you doing here? Why am I here? Where are my brothers?" she screeched, and her voice hammered his eardrums, leaving him with a thumping headache.

"Oh, I see the other Sera has come out to play." Judar smirked at the blushing girl and braided his long hair while she panicked. "I'm guessing you remember nothing?"

It was rather fascinating how different both Seras were and that they didn't share memories. Neither would recall what the other had done during the day or whenever they switched.

"I want my brothers!" She kept repeating the same thing and refused to go near Judar.

"This is going to be a long day." Sighed Judar, and he went back to the girl. "Your brothers are back in Kou and we're in Sindria. You came here of your own free will, so don't be getting any ideas about me kidnapping you. I'm not that low... possibly."

"I came here of my own free will?" The covers slipped from her hands as she stared at Judar incredulously. "I would never leave the castle. People aren't allowed to see me."

"Well, you did." Judar handed her some food he had leftover from what they had bought at the market. "We left there months ago."

His hand brushed Sera's, and she flinched. Holding her hand close to her and with a look of fear she said, "don't touch me!"

"Fine." Judar held his hands up and mumbled, "I think I like the other half better."