2. Benicio

"You can't get me?" A little boy teased as he stood over his older brother.

The two children were playing in their family's front yard. They knew better than to be playing outside, their mother had just finished getting both of them dressed for a birthday party. But it was such a suuny day outside and the boys liked it better when their clean clothes were dirty.

The older brother stood up. "I'm going to get you!" he declared before chasing his little brother in a circle. Both boys laughed out loud as they played. When the older brother finally caught his younger brother, they fell onto the fresh cut grass and rolled around.

"Boys..." called their mother from somewhere inside the house.

The two boys did not appear to hear her as they continued to roll around on the lawn.

"Take that." the older brother said as he pinned the younger one down. "I told you I'd get you. Say uncle."

"No!" The younger brother shouted before sticking out his tongue in defiance. "You won't have me for long..."

"Boys, where are you?" their mother said again. She was in the middle of pining her long black wavy hair when she noticed that the front door was opened. She went to the door. "Boys, alzarsi!" she shouted when she noticed that their sailor suits were covered in dirt. She quickly stormed over to them.

"Benicio, Antonio, you stop it this instant!"

The two brothers ceased playing with each other and stood up, their faces covered in dirt. They both tried to give their mother innocent looks.

"Oh don't you dare," their mother warned, knowing her sons so well. They may have been very young but they knew how to charm to keep from getting into trouble.

Their mother marched up to them. "Wait until your father gets home."

Just in that moment a Model M pulled into the driveway. Both boys expression changed from blank to excited as they ran to the car to greet their father. Their mother stayed on the lawn, her lips pressed together, her arms were folded across her chest.

"Dad," the boys said when the door had opened.

Their father stepped out of the car with a huge grin on his face. He held his arms wide and the boys charged. They hit him with such an impact their father almost tumbled over.

"You boys are getting so strong." their father said proudly as he ruffled both of them by the hair.

"They need another bathe, Vince." Their mother interrupted the happy gathering a less than pleasant tone.

Their Father looked up at his wife and flashed her the same charming smile their sons used not long ago, their mother, however did not return the affection.

"They're boys, Giada." Their father stated ignoring his wife's lack of enthusiasm. "And clearly they are happy that I'm home. Unlike some." he added looking down on his son's smiling faces.

Giada glared at her husband for a long moment. She did not share the same joy as her sons. Vincent, who still had the boys in his arms pretended he didn't notice.

"Sbrigati!" she said before smoothing down her Paul Poiret designer dress and marching back into the house.

~*~

Benicio Rizzitelli woke up to the sound of knocking on his bedroom door. His eyes flew open and he was nearly blinded by the rays of sunlight peeking through his velvet curtains. Judging by the brightness, Benicio knew it was late in the morning.