Chapter 1

When the final bell of the day rang, I was the first one up and out of my seat, much to the amusement of my classmates. I hurried out into the hall and made my way to my locker, dodging the other students as I went.

            When I reached my locker, I shoved my books onto the shelf and then grabbed my bag. As I went to turn around, an arm slid around my waist and I looked up to see my boyfriend, Adam, smiling down at me. “Hey.”

            I smiled up at him as we headed down the hallway together. “Hey yourself. How was your afternoon?”

            He rolled his eyes. “Boring as hell. I wish we had classes together after lunch. I like my mornings a lot better because you’re with me.”

            I chuckled at him. “Such a charmer,” I said teasingly. “You’re just hoping to get lucky when I get back from the show this weekend.”

            He grinned widely. “Can’t blame a guy for trying.”

            I laughed. “I suppose not.” We had reached the door and he opened it, standing back so I could exit first. “I wish you could come with me this weekend,” I said as I stepped outside.

            “Me too, baby. But we have the big game tomorrow. I might be able to make it out on Sunday.”

            I shook my head. “No, I don’t want you to have to drive all the way out there for one day. And I’ll be too busy on Sunday to give you the attention you deserve.”

            Adam brushed a lock of my hair away from my face. “Any attention is better than none at all.”

            I giggled. “God, that was so cheesy!”

            He grinned cockily. “Yeah, but you love it when I’m cheesy.” He led me into the parking lot and stopped, turning me so he could kiss me. “I’m going to miss you this weekend. Who else will wear my number for me?”

            “Oh, I’m sure you could find a lot of girls to wear it for you.”

            He rubbed his nose against mine. “In their dreams. You’re the only one I want to be with.”

            “It’s a good thing I know that, or I might have to be jealous.” I pulled his face down to mine and kissed him again.

            “Oi! How many times do I have to tell you that I don’t like seeing PDA’s?”

            I broke the kiss and turned to glare at my twin brother Luke, who was leaning against his car. “Mind your own business!” I kissed Adam once more and hugged him. “I’ll be home really late on Sunday, but I’ll let you know how the weekend is going, okay?”