Chapter 5: Aftermath

Danny

"Look you wouldn't understand...that guy he's..." Tori begins to reply. I get up quickly, annoyed with how defensive he was acting. I hate how he never trusts me with anything, after all, he's done for me. I just wanted to return the favor, but like always he pushes me away. I care about him... like a lot. When I went through a horrible break up, and when I was having family issues at home. Tori was always there. I'm forever grateful for what he has done for me. I owe him. I must have been in deep thought because I find myself near the front door of the library the giant two-story building looming over me brings me a sense of joy. It's my sanctuary. I always came here when I didn't want to go home and deal with what was going on. I enter the building, rolling my oversized crewneck sleeves up and scale the stairs quickly trying to avoid anyone. With my issues which consumed my life last year people just began to consider me a freak and started bullying me. I never had the energy to stop them, and when the bullying started getting physical...I let it happen. It was bad. I just lied there as they punched, kicked, spat on me. I was completely detached from everything that ever mattered to me. Nothing mattered until Tori came along and started helping to piece me back together. That's why I owe him my life. He stopped the bullying and made me realize that I needed to pull myself through that. He made me realize I do matter. Soon after Kali came along and she became my right-hand man. She's such a great listener and advice giver. Even though it doesn't seem like it; she's such a sweet girl with such a big mouth; I love her. I smile as I realize I've been standing by the railing on the second floor. Kali walks into the library and immediately spots me. I sadden realizing why I was reminiscing on my past with Tori and Kali. I'm not sure why I got mad at him, but there's a feeling in my chest. It's like I sensed something I didn't like. I think I know what it could mean, but I'm terrified by it. Absolutely terrified.

Kali

I rush after Danny, once I finished speaking with Tori leaving him by the lunch tables outside the cafeteria building. I pick up my pace pushing my pixie cut hair back and try to get to him quickly. As I do so I notice a guy walking past me, and I feel my cheeks blushing a little bit as he does. He's gorgeous, but definitely not my cup of tea. I snap out of it realizing I need to go help out Danny. Putting himself before me, just like I always tell myself. Help and protect him. I look down at my leather boots and keep walking. I reach the doors to the library. I find Danny leaning on the railing on the second floor; He's thinking about something for sure. He smiles, but then realizes I came in. His face retorts, and changes to a pained and sadden look. I begin to walk up the stairs, one by one making a concerned face. "Hey..." Danny sighs out. "Hey, you okay? You really just stormed outta there." I say. "I..I don't know why but I was irritated with..Tori." He forces out. " Why though? What did he exactly do to irritate you?" I say concerned. Danny looks down at his feet, and I nod at him realizing there's something he's really not telling me. It's clearly hurting him and will continue to do so if he doesn't let it off his chest. So I pull him deeper into the aisle of books and we slide down to sit on the floor of the aisle. Danny messes with his hands and then looks up at me "I was irritated with Tori, because I've been trying to help him, and get close with him but I fail over and over again. I have this feeling ...like I owe him my LIFE Kali! As a matter of fact, I wanna owe him my life.."I nod my head again as he goes along telling me what's bothering him. I don't understand where he's going with this, but I try to understand. ''I just really care for him you know, and he then goes ahead and says that." He gulps. "Danny I understand what you're saying, but that's just how he is sometimes. You honestly could've just told him." He shakes his head. " It's not just that Kal. He said WE wouldn't understand...that we couldn't. I feel like after all that I've gone through I'm like...dude I can understand the most." he says sympathetically. "He cares for you too, you know. You just have to tell him how you feel..." I say, as Danny raises his head and goes a bit pale. "Yeah tell him how I feel" He repeats. I nod at him and smile, now that he gets it. Then suddenly the end of lunch bell rings, and he gets up and walks away. He turns back and waves with the smallest smirk, and eyes filled with fear. I chuckle knowing he'll be okay. 

A/N Hey guys I can never keep a schedule apparently, but I'll try my best to update frequently. I really hope you enjoyed what's going on so far in the story. I think I know what is gonna happy, and that picture is Charlie Rowe I picture him as Danny. I'll post more pics of the cast soon, so you guys can see and know how they look like.