First Day Together (Ch.1)

Emily's POV
-------------------
It's finally moving day and Sage and I are driving over to our new house. We decided it's "go big or go home" so we made sure that we had enough room if we ever have company, and by enough room we mean like 6 extra bedrooms besides our separate rooms. We have 4 bathrooms, a living room, an outdoor pool, a laundry room,  and rooms and things to do beyond imagination.

But it's just our "starter" home. The moving van already dropped off our stuff so we started putting it in the house and 5 hours later we are all done. We flop down on the bed exhausted and give each other a high five.

"Fuck yeah! I'm so happy and scared at the same time, I can't wait for our life together." Emily said.

"Me too!" Replied Sage.

We fall asleep from exhaustion but had no idea what was going to happen this first week nor did we care.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grace's P.O.V
----------------------
(*Early Evening*)

"Should I put avocados as the art supplies?" Liv asked me, looking at the school form while pondering with his new and improved rainbow pencil.

"This is why you're failing every class." I said sourly. Ignoring my advice, they decided to fill out the form with jokes in mind. The art teachers like creativity, but his constant joking is getting old and his grades are on the brink of failing right now. I fear they're thinking of kicking him out.

I, on the other hand,  was doing the bills. I barely have enough money to stay here as it is, but I think we are fine for now. I don't want to tell Liv yet, either way, because he has enough to worry about with his grades and whatnot, although it's not like he's worrying about them. Like, at all.

A lot has been going on lately and I don't really know how to handle some of the problems so I decide I needed to talk to him about it later. For now I thought it was a bad time, I was just about to exit the lobby when the dorm manager came up to me and asked about the rent.

"Fuck," I said under my breath. I didn't have all of the money.

"If I don't have the funds for your dorm in 2 days,  I'm going to have to kick you guys out,  I'm sorry about that" The manager said before leaving.

Well I guess I'm going to have to find somewhere to stay if I can't get the money. I walk back up the stairs where I find Liv making avocado art.

"Hey dude,  want to join?" Asks Liv.

"No, what the hell are you- never mind. We gotta talk."

"Yeah, what's going on man?"

"Oh,  nothing much. Just that we're gonna definitely get kicked out in two days if you don't have any spare money for the rent. Got any?" I said, looking down on him.

He looked really confused. Probably because he thought we had it all together. We never did, I just wanted him to have that mindset.

"Why don't we just get a job? You can babysit for like 2 bucks an hour." he proposed.

"Liv, we owe $499."

"So?"

"I know you're behind on your math but what the fuck??" I said, then laughing despite the situation. It's so easy to laugh around Liv.

I quickly scribbled something on a piece of paper.

"It would take 25 days to get that amount. We have 2 days."

"Okay one sec I'll go get a real job. How does a volunteer at a daycare sound?"

"Volunteer?" I said with my basic knowledge of how the world works. A volunteer doesn't get paid. Also I didn't know Liv had a weird obsession with kids?

"Yeah man, like babysitting but easier."

"Please go back to elementary school. There are more kids and you're volunteering so you don't get paid. Weirdo."

Liv is used to my sarcastic and rude remarks by now. Just because I love him, I wouldn't just insult anyone. It had to be someone I really loved or hated. So he laughed along with me.

"Alright well I know what I have to do." I said.

I pulled out my phone and texted Emily. I wanted to be subtle with my words.
~~
Grace: Can Liv and I come over?

Emily: Yeah ofc!!

Grace: We got some free time...tomorrow. I think we might fancy spending the night? If you'd allow us to, I can bring some stuff. Would that be okay?

Emily: Yeah, Sage and I just moved into a new house so I'll send you the address on google maps, you are always welcome,  when do you think you'll be over?

Grace: Two days from now maybe? I want to plan ahead so I know what's up.

Emily: That's cool, we are just going to be relaxing the first few days so whatever works for you will be fine.
~~

Thank god,  I look up at Liv to see he is still creating avocado art.

"Liv, you better pack the fuck up, we're staying with Emily. She's cool, you've met her before. I think."

"Cool man" He said.

It was really late so I thought that we should start getting ready for bed because I assumed that this was going to be a wild week.