Chapter 5

First week of school and we already had a week off. The whole school became some kind of CSI crime scene. We all had to open our lockers to see if there was a murder weapon or something with a lot of blood on it. Except for my shoes and Janice her pants and bracelet there was nothing else covered in Christy's blood. Janice and I were put in a mourning group with other people who lost someone close to them. I never felt like going but Janice wanted to go but not alone. It was every day in the building next to the mall, so we would first go to the nearby coffeeshop and later to the therapy session. I didn't like those sessions because everyone would cry and I would just sit there. I wasn't the type that would cry out loud, and never in public. I don't like putting my emotions out on the table. The weirdest thing was that I didn't felt that sad. I knew I should have, but it felt like she wasn't dead. Like she was still with me.

It was friday and school started again. All the yellow tape was gone and the only thing that was changed was a intern standing in front of the door of the basement. There was finally something that made me smile. Isaac was the intern and whenever I walked by he smiled and winked. Everytime it felt like he melted my heart with just that look that he always has when he is being "serious". My school life was great, but everything could change. I've suddenly got all these huge stuffed animals infront of my locker because everyone felt so sorry for me. Untill Christy's death no one knew me so I always felt pretty awkward whenever someone came with another card or fruit basket.

Janice wasn't on school for three whole weeks. I came everyday at her house and it was like she was ill in every way. I told her what happened on school and she would smile because she misses everyone, and then she would cry because she misses Christy. "Hey don't cry. I have some great news that maybe will cheer you up." I tried to sound friendly but I think it sounded like I was talking to a three year old."I called you girlfriend. She wants to come over this weekend." Janice face looked like she would explode with happiness and then it got darker and sadder then I have ever seen." How could you without asking my permission and how in hell did you get her number. Lilly what the fuck were you thinking?" the words floated out of her mouth, like she was holding all these anger and she finally let it loose."I thought you would like it?"

I was confused in every way. "I don't want her to see me like this and I haven't spoken to her within four weeks." Janice was being serious now. Apparently she didn't wanted a relation with Allison anymore. I should have known that. "I'm so sorry Janice. should I call her off?" "No it's to late. I will talk to her and hope she understands." Janice wanted me to leave so I walked back to my house.