Chapter 4

I was pushing the big doors of my school when I got blinded by the sound of sirens and the lights of the police and ambulance wagons. It was like no one noticed me when I walked through that door. I saw Janice talking to the cutest police officer I have ever seen. He was propably an intern because he looked like he was 18 or 19. He was like 1,80 meters with blond hair and pretty green eyes. I was walking right to him and Janice. I don't know why, but the walk looked like hours instead of seconds. It was like suddenly every emotion I felt in that basement was going through my brain. Everything that I was passing was getting blurry and it felt like the people were walking slowly.

When I finally reached Janice, all I wanted to do was hug her. She saw everything and she smelled everything that I saw and smelled. I noticed I was crying and holding Janice her hand. I looked up and saw the cute intern. His name was Isaac and his voice made me calmer already. Janice was also calmer. He was being very nice by saying things like "it wasn't your fault." and "you couldn't prefent it, the killer was a profesional."  After that, we got something to drink and were a little less sad, he started asking the questions. "When was the last time you have seen Christy?" He asked it while writing our names on his block note. "She was going to get her purse which she left at the statue." I said "That was during our first class." Janice said it like she was already wating for these questions to come. Like she has been practicing."Was she behaving differently that morning, like she wasn't herself?" Janice was getting mad and shouted "Why would you ask that, ofcourse she behaved like herself. Are you suggesting that she did something and that that is the reason she was killed !?" "Janice, I know that you think this is bullshit, but it are just questions. We both know that Christy wouldn't be any stupider than usual." And I saw a little smile on Janice her face. Isaac thought that it had been a rough night for the both of us and he said that we could go home, "If you can think of anything, call me." And he gave me his number. 

Me and Janice were getting our bicycles and started riding." I.. I can't believe it. Our best friend is dead." She looked like she was going to cry but she stayed strong."I know. It is unbelievable." I said but it wasn't. Christy was dead, in pieceS, shattered to tiny little bits of human. I almost puked when I thought of the basement. "Lilly, there is something thatI I did not tell the police." she was grabbing in her pockets and held 2 notes in her hand. One with dried up blood and a clean one. "I found the clean one in my locker after school. It says that I had to go to the school basement at seven and to call you after what I saw." I looked at Janice and I was amazed. " Why didn't youy gave it to the police?" I asked."Because the other note said that if told anyone except you about the notes, that we and our family would end up like Christy." I looked Janice right in the eye and I could almost feal the fear that she projected from her eyes. "Janice, I think we have to find out who it is. Maybe he or she sends us another card or maybe something else. When we know who it is for sure, we tell the police about it. But only then." Janice nodded and we started riding again. Our houses are in the same street so we rode the whole way together without saying a word." I think that guy Isaac likes you." Janice suddenly said."Neah, I don't think so. He probably sees me like some kind of kid, I mean he is like 19 years old and I'm only sixteen." I said it and I felt getting red. "So you do like him? Well you have his number." Janice winked and left to her house. I stood there for a couple of minutes watching the stars and the trees and then I was going home. I needed to tell this to my mom because she knows what to do to get me happy again.