501-600

Chapter 501 - Xian Fan

Everyone was aware that the Phoenix Maiden was Di Zuo's fiancee. She fled in defeat so it was understandable that Di Zuo, as her fiance, would take her side. However, no one expected for it to escalate to a life and death battle.

But then again, it was not too strange either. Li Qiye didn't only defeat the maiden but also killed the Divine Spark Prince. The two sides had reached an irreconcilable point so Di Zuo would take revenge for his little brother-in-law!

The crowd eagerly held their breaths, waiting to see if Li Qiye would accept the challenge or not! The truth was that everyone was looking forward to this fight.

"Fellow Daoist Di Zuo, our Guardian is training in seclusion." Daoist Bao Gui shook his head and said: "I'm afraid we can't meet your demand at this moment. If you want to fight, then wait till our Guardian comes out."

This answer invoked a rowdy commotion from the unhappy ghost cultivators. One of them scowled and said: "Hmph! That Li guy is definitely too afraid to show up for the battle."

Another one sneered: "That is just what a human ant does — only picking on the weak. Well, Sir Di Zuo can slay that brat Li as easily as turning his palm! At the moment, that ant is probably cowering in fear. Actually, he might have already run away."

"He doesn't have the choice to refuse!" Di Zuo's overbearing voice came again: "It is better to tell him to come out, or else bear the consequences!"

"What consequences?" A lazy voice appeared: "A wild dog like you will come and bite me?" Li Qiye leisurely appeared with Lan Yunzhu right behind him. He furrowed his brow at Di Zuo and asked: "You want to fight?"

Li Qiye's arrival immediately shut the ghost cultivators up while the human cultivators instantly became excited. A human cultivator looked at the ghost cultivators who were yelling earlier and quipped: "Who is this Di Zuo? Li Qiye is our human race's young Immortal Emperor! You think someone like Di Zuo can stop our young Immortal Emperor's path?"

In the Sacred Nether World, the relationship between the humans and ghosts was quite poor. It was especially obvious since a few ghost tribes relied on their numbers and strength to bully the humans, causing resentment to form in the hearts of many human cultivators.

Li Qiye's sudden rise to fame and killing of ghost cultivators elated many humans with pride.

The ghost cultivators became annoyed from the remark and refuted: "That junior Li is nothing! Just wait and see, our Sir Di Zuo will kill him within three moves!"

And this was met by an instant rebuttal from the humans: "What's so great about Di Zuo? He isn't much compared to our young emperor. Our young emperor can also kill him within three moves!"

Suddenly, a bunch of cultivators began to argue, and many people joined both sides. The ghost race despised the humans while the humans also hated the ghosts.

Di Zuo sat in the sky above the Thousand Carp River's camp to look down at Li Qiye as he gravely said: "I'm just afraid you won't fight."

Li Qiye cracked his knuckles. It was obvious that he was itching for a fight as he said: "We can fight any time!" Recently, he had created a new merit law and he wanted to test its strength. Di Zuo would make a great sharpening stone!

"Very well! You choose the time!" Di Zuo said in a very domineering manner: "I shall take your dog life for sure! From now on, I shall be the only one to kill you, and I will use your head to warn the human ants that those who oppose me shall be slain without mercy!" He then took out his flag and threw it towards the river sect's camp. His flag's power was quite formidable; once it pierced the ground, it would mean that those in its vicinity would become his enemies and outsiders must not intervene.