Chapter II ~ Imbecile

Kaylin

"Hey, baby. How was school today?" The soft voice of my mother fills my ears as I enter the house. I'm immediately hit by the smell of tonight's dinner.

"Could've been better" I reply entering the kitchen for a snack.

"Aw. What happened, my sweets?" She cooed, as she walked over to me and cupped my cheeks. She's very affectionate and loving. It's like it's her personal duty to make sure everyone that speaks to her is approached with nothing but love. For some people it's a bit weird, but it's something you kinda warm up to. She's just sweet like that.

"Stupid English teacher giving me a hard time."

"What happened?" She asks motioning for me to sit on a stool at the breakfast bar.

"My grade in her class isn't exactly pleasing to see."

"Well, kiddo you've gotta just try your best and do everything you can to change that."

"What if my best isn't enough for dad?" I then pick up a banana from the fruit bowl.

"I'm sure your father will understand that you're trying best. Only if you do your best." She gives me a stern look at the last sentence, and then continue chopping vegetables for what I'm guessing is meat loaf.

"We both know he's not the most understanding person in the world, mom."

Before she can say anything my dad enters the house. Perfect. Don't get me wrong he's a good dad, I love him and all but the grades stuff has made me resent him a bit.

"Hi Honey. Hey Kaylin." He greet kissing Mom on the cheek and then ruffling my hair." How you're day?"

"Umm...." 

"He said his English teacher is giving him a hard time with his grades."

"Mom" I groan and she give me a I kinda had to look.

"Kaylin, remember the deal."

"Yeah Yeah, Dad. I'm gonna handle it."

" I hope so. You know I want you to be able choose your school and like it." He reassured before going to put his things away in his office.

"Mom, somethings I tell you are confidential." I whisper yell but she doesn't take me serious and just smiles.

" How was I supposed to know. I can't read minds, Kj." She giggles, giving all her attention to the meal she's cooking.

I roll my eyes and heady upstairs to my room, but before I even reach the top Mom scolds me.

"Don't roll your eyes, you imbecile." Jokes on her, I barely knows what that means.