Chapter III ~ Tutor

Kaylin

The hallways flood with hungry student when the lunch bell rings. Everyone's headed in the same place, except me. I've got to have a talk with Ms. Wilkins.

I knocked on the door to make sure she's in the room, even though I know she is. When she opens the door she seemed surprised but welcomed me with a smile.

"Ms.Wilkins, I came to speak with you about my grade. As you probably have noticed, I'm failing your class."

" Yes, unfortunately."

"Is there anything I can do to change that?" I ask with a raised brow and pleading smile.

"You are just in luck, ya know. I've got this student tutor. It'll be perfect."

"Actually I was thinking more like make up work or extra credit."

"The problem isn't that you don't do your work. It's that you don't do it right. It's as if you don't understand a single thing I teach." She shrugged. Well that's because I don't.

" I won't lie and say I do. But, that doesn't mean I need a tutor."

"Actually, that's exactly what that means, Mr. Luxfleid."

"Ok, maybe. But I don't want one." I whine childishly.

" Do you want a good grade? Look Kaylin, a tutor could help you improve in so many ways. Just try once."

"Fine, but if I don't like it then I'm leaving."

" Fine by me. It's not my grade." Then I remember why I don't like her.

"Aren't you supposed to be like helping me pass?" I say standing up getting ready to leave so I can eat before the end of lunch.

"I have given every opportunity to succeed, you just don't want to take it."

" Yeah yeah, I'll see you in class later and then you can give me the info on my tutor." I empathize before exiting the class. I hope I have time, because that was terrible reason not to eat.