Summer ☼ Part 3

Marble Hills Academy isn't big on the idea of summer breaks.

Whereas most schools would give their students a three month break, the ladies and gentlemen of the High Society attending Marble Hills would get a month and a half.

It's the middle of July and, while everyone, everywhere else, is already getting tanned on the beach and having fun, students at the Academy are only now preparing to leave for the summer vacation.

"Guys!", Jack runs towards the gang, where they're all chilling under the shade of a tree. He waves a piece of paper in his hands, "I passed Mr Callaghan's class!!!"

"Yokai", Hiro mutters under his breath, fidgeting with his cute robot keychain.

"Congrats, buddy", Hiccup smiles at Jack, taking his eyes from his sketchbook.

"What that heck is that on your head?", Jack laughs, sitting down on the grass, across from his roommate.

Hiccup touches the little hair braid by the side of his head.

"Oh, Rapunzel was playing with my hair", he answers simply.

Rapunzel, who's braiding Astrid's hair now, looks at Jack with danger in her eyes. Warning.

"It looks great!" Jack quickly says, grinning, and Rapunzel turns back to her braiding, looking pleased.

"I think I'm gonna keep it", Hiccup says, letting go of the braid and getting back to his sketchbook.

Astrid, who's playing a game of cards with Merida, doesn't pay Rapunzel much attention, letting the other girl meddle with her hair.

"I attack your bear with my dragon", Astrid says, laying a card from her hand on the grass in front of her.

"Aw, man", Merida looks at the cards in her hand with furrowed brows.

Anna, then, waves at someone. They see Moana walking across the lawn. She stares at a page, her eyes hidden behind it.

Moana stops in front of them, lowers the paper and releases her breath in relief.

"I can't believe I passed..."

"Passed what?" Merida asks without taking her eyes from the deck of cards in front of her. "I defend my bear against your dragon with my archer", she lays a card on top of Astrid's.

"Everything!" Moana squeaks. "Every class! I can't believe it", she kneels next to Jack.

"Of course you passed!" Rapunzel says, finishing Astrid's braid. "You're hella smart."

Astrid doesn't seem to notice the new braid in her hair and stares at her cards in thought. Merida smiles, knowing Astrid's loosing.

"So, what are we doing this summer?", Jack lays down on the grass, crossing his hands behind his head.

"I'm going home with my sister", Anna smiles.

"Elsa?" Jack sits up again, looking at her, clearly interested.

"You are not invited."

He gaps at her, faking outrage.

"We should go on a road trip!" Moana suggests.

Rapunzel jumps up.

"WE SHOULD TOTALLY GO!"

"I doubt my aunt Cass would let me..." Hiro complains.

"I'd go!", Merida says excitedly. "What about you, Astrid?"

"Sure", Astrid shrugs. "Hiccup?"

"Yeah, sounds fun. We can talk to your aunt, Hiro."