Chapter 1: Under The Sun

Hannah sat on her towel at the beach with an iced tea in her hand, sunglasses on and her feet deep into the soft sand. The sun on her arms and legs felt amazing, and the slight breeze in her hair was like the sprinkles to her cupcake. Perfect.

Just then Georgia, Hannah's best friend, zipped by on her little Zodiak speedboat and waved. She yelled out to me (which got everybody's attention),

"HEY HANNAH! WANNA BOAT RIDE?"

Hannah smiled and looked at her watch. She had to be home by 4:00. It was 2:30.

"SURE!" Hannah yelled back. Georgia docked at the yacht centre as Hannah collected all her beach things and ran over to greet her best friend.

Before Hannah knew it she was cruising around without a care in the world. She was laughing away at the kayakers. She loved to shout things like 'so long, suckers!' They zipped around the yacht centre and Edgecliff Island, which was known for its rough shore and tall and spiky rock cliffs.

Hannah and Georgia docked and went to the ice cream parlour. They had a tradition in which whenever they went to the beach, they always got two scoops. One was Mint Oreo flavour and the other was Rootbeer Float. An interesting combo, but amazing.

Before they knew it, they were running around town acting like total idiots. Going into all the shops and acting like they were going to purchase something, but then walking out nonchalantly. They pushed each other into the water, and wrestling over the edge of the yacht centre into the water. Hannah felt high from all the fun she was having.

Georgia was a total tomboy and jock. Sure, she could stand a bikini (and rock one too), but she couldn't LIVE without her board shorts! She competed in soccer tournaments and swimming races. She called chipping a nail 'edgy and dangerous in that stylish sort of way', and getting dirty (no not that kind of way you pervert) was just her thing. When it came to summer, boating, paddle-boarding, hiking, biking and golfing were her cup of tea. All in all, a very active and always-on-the-move sort of gal.

Hannah was the hipster. Defying the stereotypes, living life on the edge, and living every day to the fullest. She had her rituals, like dunking, twisting, licking and then dunking it again, and occasionally sitting on the side of the toilet seat. She believed that having a boy always be the one to ask the girl out was stupid, and they should be more confident. She believe that the media should just be thrown away, magazines, commercials, cheap and crappy but surprisingly amusing reality tv shows, GONE. Her hobbies were photography and creative writing. Racism should be forgotten, and standing hand in hand with harmony and acceptance should be a part of an everyday lifestyle.

Hipster and tomboy, these two personalities worked perfect together, like copy and paste. Like peanut butter and jam. Like two peas in a pod.