▽ Chapter 4 ▽

Not Edited

---

'All the makeup in the world
won't make you less insecure
You got weights in your pockets
when you go to the doctors
You're favorite candy's cotton
that's why all your teeth are rotten
Silly girl with silly boys.'

Morning came sooner than Odette would have liked, she could have slept longer, however, the ringing of her phone awoken her from her blissful dream

Morning came sooner than Odette would have liked, she could have slept longer, however, the ringing of her phone awoken her from her blissful dream. Her long blonde hair looked like she hadn't brushed it in weeks; while her makeup from the night before was smugged.

"Dammit... I am coming..." She growled almost tripping over the clothes she'd left on the floor trying to get to her phone.

Once she'd gotten to the phone she didn't bother looking at the id before pushing the talk button (House phone).

"Hello..." A sigh came from her sleepy voice.

"Oh thank goodness." A female voice was heard from the other end.

"Mom?" Confusion was laced in Odette's voice while she placed the phone against her cheek and shoulder, making her way toward the kitchen.

There was no use going back to her room; she was up now why go back to bed after she finished her phone call.

"Yes sweetie, it's mommy. I've been trying to call you for two hours now."

"Sorry mom, I was sleeping." A chuckle came from Odette's throat as she started her coffee pot.

"Don't laugh at me! I thought something bad had happened." Her mother growled, Odette could hear the worry that was laced in those words.

"I am sorry mama, but I'm fine." Odette was now trying to reassure her mother that nothing was wrong.

"So mom, what's wrong?" Odette knew her mother, she normally never called unless she wanted to brag or 'attempt to be a family'.

"Oh nothing sweet pea, I got a job offer down there. I wanted to let you know I'll be there in the next two weeks." Layla was so excited that was clear to tell from her voice.

Odette on the hand was in pure shock, her mother was coming to town. 'Shit! This means I won't be able to kill like I want once she gets here.' As far as she knew the stories about 'the new Bloody Face ' were only in Michigan. If they had gone worldwide, she would have heard stories on 'The World News'. Layla hadn't mentioned it yet either... That would have been the first thing. 'Odette Jane Mars, you are still killing!' She could hear it now, her mother yelling at her about how she promised she would stop all this once she moved.