how did it come to this?

Song for this chapter: Christina Perri- Jar Of Hearts
_________________●●●●●_________________

Lakota woke up gasping rapidly as he sat up quickly on the cot on the ship.

Ezra heard and got out of his pilot seat, setting the ship on autopilot.

"Hey, man. You're good. You only been out for a half an hour." Ezra said, leaning against the doorframe.

"Arena.....that was her....." Lakota gasped out, on the verge of tears.

Ezra actually laughed a bit. "Lakota, no, that wasn't." He turned around and started to walk back to the pilots seat.

"Ezra! That was her, I swear. Her hood knocked over when she got up and she had yellow eyes and red and back hair. I could barely recognize her but it was her." Lakota explained as he stood up.

Ezra turned around laughing a bit, but seeing Lakota's expression made his face go blank.

"You're not joking, are you?" Ezra whispered.

"You told me that you felt a huge change in the Force the day she left. Maybe that wasn't her dying, that was her turning." Lakota tried to swallow that possible revelation.

Ezra looked to the ground without moving a muscle. It all made sense. No contact from Arena or any trace of her in 3 years. Her leaving with the Holocron. What he said to her right before she left? It all finally matched up.

"So, this entire time, the Empire has been grooming her to be the next Sith and we didn't even notice?!"

Lakota noticed that Ezra was getting infuriated.

"Ezra. Ezra. It's probably not even her, she's probably being controlled by that damn thing." Lakota said, trying to calm Ezra down.

"Yeah? It's been 3 years! She's too far in the dark for her to come back to us willingly!"

"Hey, you're being a hypocrite." Ezra glared at him.

"You were dark for 10 years. You're back with the rebellion completely fine."

Ezra furrowed his brows as he sighed.

The ship got out of hyperspace and was heading toward the base.

"What do we tell Ahsoka?"
_________________●●●●●_________________

Arena entered her quarters with torture scars on her body. She knew that was going to happen if she didn't bring either of the rebels to the Empire or kill them.

She looked at the cuts and burn marks on her shoulders.

Worst of all, they knew now.

They knew that she was dark. They knew that Arena Tano was dead.

She brought her knees up to her chest and buried her face in them.

She could feel the darkness so close around her. Every second a tiny piece of light leaving her, being replaced with dark.

She picked her head up to reveal a tear-stained face.

Why was she crying? Siths don't cry.

She's not supposed to have any feelings like this.

When she looked to her drawer, a bright red light was in the first one.

She smirked as she got up and opened the drawer.

The holocron floated out all by itself and opened fully.

"What is wrong, Dear Child? I sense conflict in you."

"Just. Old memories. Of Arena Tano. She's always in my head. I saw her old friends today. Lakota Ryder and Ezra Bridger."

"Ah. And your certain?"

"It was them."

"Good. We have much work to do, Darth Avarice."
_________________●●●●●_________________

A/N: EEK THEY KNOW

sorry this is such a short chapter lmao im tired and sick r.i.p

BUT ON A PERSONAL NOTE IM GOING TO SEE ED SHEERAN ON HALLOWEEN YAYAYA

im so excited and my bestie is coming with me so it's literally going to be so awesome :D

But, i got the mid-book jaw-dropper wrote and omg i cried haha so look forward to that in like, 7 chapters??

well, bye-bye! -ur fave writer leesa