s i x .

"tae will you stop trying to do that? lie down, i'll do it" yoongi smacked the boy's hand away from the cabinet door he was trying to reach in order to get a snack. "my hands gonna fall off if you keep hitting it" taehyung mumbles, sighing as he sits at the small kitchen table with his shoulder slouched. "you need to take it easy and relax, so quit trying to reach for things that are too tall for you. i'll—uh—"

"you can't reach it if i couldn't"

the two had just got dropped off by namjoon who promised to show up later to check up on them. the man was tired, needed to shower and desperately needed to call his jobs to apologize for requesting so much time off even if it was only four days, he just wanted to make sure tae was taking care of. yoongi stood on a chair, successfully reaching the cabinet, grasping a new pack of cookies and tossing it all the boy in hopes he'd catch it. the last few days when tae was fast asleep, he'd sit down with a piece of paper writing down small bits of lyrics that would eventually equal out to a full rap with a hook, bars and an imaginary beat that maybe namjoon could produce. he'd mumble in the corner of the hospital with hoseok as they tried to work out the bugs of the lyrics. namjoon was an amazing help, his rapping skills were a bit more advanced than the others because he had been writing raps since he was in school as a young kid. when the injured boy was awake, he'd listen to them practice, he enjoyed seeing their hard work pull together into something amazing. "i have to work tonight, hyungie, will you be okay here by yourself? i brought bandages so you can change the dressing, uh, there's groceries in the fridge with your favorites and don't eat all those cookies in one sitting please, are you comfortable right now?"

"yes hyung" as much as he 'disliked' yoongi-hyung treating him as if he was only a mere teenager or a child, he was extremely appreciative and didn't protest because hyung was just going to do whatever he wanted anyways. if the man wanted to feed him, help him change his clothes, or bath him with a sponge like a nurse for an elderly patient, hyung would do it. taehyung could see the stress blocking yoongi's eyes and weighing down his shoulder. when he fell asleep at night, he would wish upon a shining star above that he never went to father's house, that small decision ended up being his worst decision ever. he was in pain, yoongi had to take care of him and everyone had missed a few days of work trying to make sure he was okay. "yoongs?"

"yeah?"

"thank you"

the shorter boy smiles, "stop thanking me, i just want to make sure you're taken care of" and the day went on as usual, taehyung was lying in yoongi's arms as the television played in front of the couch, traffic could be heard from the street down by the beginning of the hill. the man swore he heard a cat outside by he didn't want to move from his spot on the couch, he loved the warmth radiating from the tall boy's head and body as he pulled him closer. "your hair smells nice" yoongi mumbles, out of nowhere, his eyes and his cheek turn a soft red as he hopes tae didn't hear that because he didn't mean to say that out loud. "— i'm surprised, i haven't wished it properly since y'know, my dad went ape-shit"

"can i tell you something?"

"anything"

yoongi clears his throat and opens his mouth to speak, "i love you. i really should tell you that more often because i do, so much"

he could feel tae shift his head away from his chest, the cutest smile grew wider as he glanced deeply into yoongi's eyes, "i know you do, yoongs. thank for telling me, i love you too" he leans over pressing his warm lips against yoongi's feverishly warm cheek with a lingering pink tint. "— that's the first time you've told me that minus the times i've been half asleep and rushed off in an ambulance. i think i'm finally growing on you"

"you do realize i've known you since you were fifteen and i was just turning nineteen, right? that's five years. you bugged me for years, but i've loved you regardless. even when you don't listen to me because you're so fucking stubborn"

"—i get my stubbornness for you, hyung. it's your fault that i'm this way" the bandaged babe chuckles, pinching the man's equally as puffy cheeks, "all jokes aside, i love you. don't forget that grumpy"

"i'm not grumpy. tae! quit touching my face before you won't have a hand" the light from the television blasted its rays and shadows onto the wall behind the two kissing boys. time passed and the furthest they went with hyungie straddling yoongs hips while kissing his neck and slightly grinding against the man's lower area with a moderate among of force. at the fevered moment taehyung wasn't thinking much about the stitches on the side of his tummy and yoongs almost forgot about work. so he had leave the sweet blushed boy, out of breathe on the couch with his hand down his very loose fitting pants, as he rushed out the house with half a foot in his shoe. he disliked not satisfying hyungie, but going all the way with him wasn't a good idea at all for a multitude of reasons. luckily he would have a decent bike ride to work with mildly calm thoughts so he wouldn't have to show up to work with a boner that wouldn't be easy to hide with his ugly work pants.

———