5 September 2017

Everything was a blur.

From Eva's eyes, faces were hazy, the music was too loud, and although it was nearing three in the morning, she was having the time of her life. Evangeline had beaten both Leon and Joshua in their drinking competition, and she was certainly feeling the effects. The only thing that could possibly make the night even better was if she could find someone to dance with her to the Drake song the dj was currently playing. Eva didn't want just anyone though, she only wanted him.

Now, Evangeline Ochs wasn't the most confident person in the world, but with the surge of alcohol running through her veins, she felt invincible. And with her newfound confidence, she knew exactly what she should do--she should tell Joshua exactly what she felt for him.

So, Eva was determined to do just that. She strutted over to Joshua, head held high, and was about to tap on his shoulder when someone grabbed her by the arm, pulling her away.

"Leon, what the fuck?" Evangeline slapped his hand away, curious as to why he would drag her away from Joshua.

"Listen, Eva," He exhaled deeply, running a hand through his mess of curls, "We might all be extremely drunk, but I could see what you were about to do back there. I can see the adoration you have for Jo when he's standing next to you, or how you laugh a little louder at his jokes than anyone else's, and I can especially see the love in your eyes when he calls you Evie. And I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that because I know you two have a history, but I just don't want you to admit your feelings for him when you're both wasted—it's not going to go well either way."

"Joshua deserves to hear it when he's sober, and you deserve to hear his response when you have a clear head. So please, just wait. Trust me, this will work out for the two of you, and you'll thank me in three years when I'm standing next to Joshua as a groomsmen at your wedding," Leon grinned down at the blonde.

"Do you really think it'll work out between Joshua and I?" Evangeline asked, moving from one foot to the other nervously.

She bit her lip as Leon shook his shook his head at her, "I've never been so sure of anything in my life, Eva. And I'm a smart guy, so this is really saying something!" The Schalke player laughed loudly at his own joke as he always did.

"But, it might take a while so be patient. Joshua just got out of a serious relationship and he might not be looking to get into another one right away. So my advice is to just wait it out because honestly, he probably still needs to sort out his feelings for you. The two of you have been 'just friends' for fifteen years, and he's most likely fighting a battle in his head between his romantic feelings for you and his concerns about not wanting to ruin your friendship. You shouldn't worry though, because it'll always be you and Jo in the end. Even if you do have to kiss a few frogs in the process," He added slyly, puckering his lips jokingly at Evangeline.

Eva pressed her hands off his chest, pushing him away gently. "Is there something you think you know about me, Goretzka?"

Leon giggled, throwing his head back in delight. "Well, now that you've called me out, Joshua tells me you may be seeing Corentin Tolisso. What are the developments in that future Bild story?"

"Leon!" She scolded him in disbelief, not believing that he would call her out like that. "Corentin is fine, but neither of us is looking for anything serious, so I'm not really sure what will happen."

Evangeline was somewhat telling the truth. She didn't want anything serious with Corentin, but would jump at the chance to have a serious relationship with Joshua. Eva didn't know if that would ever happen though, so she was planning on keeping her options open.

"So," Leon licked his bottom lip slowly, his eyes never leaving hers, "Are you willing to have a friends with benefits situation then?" He caught himself as he didn't want to be blunt with his intentions, but Evangeline understood his message loud and clear.

"Leon Christoph Goretzka!" She slapped his chest playfully before answering with a hint of mischief glimmering in her green eyes. "And it depends—are you asking for yourself, or Corentin?"

The footballer sucked in a sharp breath, in awe of the Eva's confidence. And as he had a few drinks himself, he was feeling himself as well, which reflected his response.

"Does it really matter if I'm talking about me or Tolisso?"

Evangeline's jaw dropped in shock, as Leon chuckled at her reaction. He took his hand to her jaw, shutting it before replying, "Now babe, I know I'm a hot commodity and all, but I wouldn't try anything with you. Josh is one of my best friend, and I know that you're absolutely mad about him. However, it's nice to know that even someone as in love with another as you are can still find the Goretzka charm irresistible," He sent a wink her way, beginning to jog away.

"Goretzka charm, what bullshit," Evangeline mumbled under her breath before shouting at the footballer before sprinting after him, "Leon, wait up! We need to talk the details for the shopping spree I won, you dumbfuck!"

-----

a/n: can joshua please hurry up and figure out his feelings for eva so the story can pick up? good god 😂