Page 8

As they both walked in there houses Alice was greeted nicely with a huge hug from her dad who was just about to leave for work.again. As she got to the kitchen she saw her mom making dinner. It was chicken with green beans and some mashed potatoes on the side. her favorite. Her mom was in the middle of mixing when she noticed Alice and stopped everything she was doing and hugged her tight saying."Welcome home sweetie"!! "Mom your acting like I went somewhere I went to the park". Alice said confused. "Well it's a blessing that you came home alright. Even if the park is at least a mile away."her mom said. "We'll I'm going to my room I think I'll read or sleep I'm tired mom." Alice said in an exhausted way. "Ok I'll wake you up for dinner". Her mom said as Alice walked away to her room. She plopped onto her bed and dozed of to sleep.

When Christina walked into her house the only thing she was greeted to was the stench of alcohol. She hated it, but she had to live with it. As she got deeper into the house the stench got worse until finally she found the source of the stench. She found her uncle sort of sleeping but still talking. He was laying on the kitchen table holding a whiskey bottle In his hand, and oddly a cigaret in his hair. She started laughing at the thought of his hair on fire.When she got to her room she laid on her bed and slept. Not wanting anything to do with her uncle.