three ; choosing.

The next day comes faster than what I expected. I stand in the cafeteria, again looking for an available table. Unfortunately, I don't find one. There's only some seats available on each table, and they instructed us to sit down. I walk towards the back and sit besides Michael, I feel his eyes burn mine so I try to avoid his stare.

"Oh hi Luke." Winter smiles at me and I smile back. Immediately after, the woman from yesterday — Miss Adams begins speaking on the mic. She explained that today we had our first classes, that our leaders will be passing and asking where we wanted to be. I already decided I wanted to take singing, but I'm having second thoughts. I don't want these people to hear me sing, I rather keep that private.

"What are you gonna pick, Mike?" Winter asks, Micheal's face lights up and looks at her eyes.

"I don't know. You?" He answers.

"Singing, last year I picked instruments and they didn't teach me anything I already knew in drums." 

"Then I guess I'm choosing singing too." Michael responds smiling at her.

"What about you Luke?" She asks.

"I don't know yet." I shrug.

"How many years have you played guitar?" She asks picking at her nails.

"About seven I think."

"Singing, definitely. You'll learn more." She grins and I smile. Maybe I will choose singing. 

"Hey Winter, what are you gonna choose?" Ashton suddenly appears, her face turns slightly pink. 

I tune out and stare at the tables looking for nothing in particular. I notice that Mikaela isn't in here. My eyes continuously shift to the door, waiting for her to walk in at any moment but I see nothing. 

"Luke." Someone shakes my hands suddenly, I snap out of my thoughts and stare at Ashton who is waiting for me to answer his earlier question.

"Uh, singing I guess." I answer, Michael glares but Winter high five's me, I laugh at her. 

"Great, so I'll see all of you in room 187." He smiles and winks at Winter. 

"Wait, you're teaching singing this year?" Michael asks surprised.

"I am now." He smirks, Michael huffs silently and glares at me once he sees I'm watching, I look away pretending I didn't see anything. I wonder why he dislikes me so much.

+

          I am not focused on the first singing class, I'm too distracted to perform whatever it is that they're doing with their mouths, it sounds like weird noises. Sometimes they're too funny, so I just laugh in my mind. Ashton has a good voice though, but he's not our teacher here. It's a boy named Calum which I am sure he's the same age as me, perhaps one year older. The point is he still has the age to be a camper here, I wonder why he's an instructor. Maybe he has connections.