First Day Of School

THIS IS THE INTRO TO THE BOOK A.K.A PROLOGUE

Hi, my name Emlyn. And I'm not your average child. I like all kinds of music and I am from California. My parents are two drug addicts and my sister is... A whore. Everyone has told me that I am different and I don't belong here. My parents sure have made that clear. The last time they proved there point I had bruises everywhere. But, for right now I am up in my small room listening to music and drawing. Its a picture of a girl in the middle of no where curled up and sleeping on the ground. "EMLYN, GET YOUR FILTHY SELF DOWN HERE!" My father yelled up the stairs. You could tell by his voice that he was either high or drunken. I'm only 14 years old, do I really need to do this. I walked down the stairs to greet my dad. "Yes father?" I asked quietly. "Go outside for an hour and go away . I took a look out side and it was thundering and pouring and lightning. "But there's a storm out there!" I blurted out, which I quickly regret. "GO NOW AND NOW YOU CAN GO OUT FOR TWO HOURS! AND BE BACK ON TIME" I walked out side with my hoodie and my boots and put them on outside. I walked around for a while and looked down at my watch. I SHOULD HAVE BEEN BACK HALF AN HOUR AGO! I started running like crazy and lost my breath, but I kept going to prevent an even worse beating. I walked in the door and my father was there ready to punish me. He took a shiny metal chain and wrapped it around my neck and tied me to a telephone pole outside. But we live in Pennsylvania so there were no neighbors for miles. Once he went back inside a truck zoomed by and drenched me with a puddle. Then my dad came out with a gasoline container. He poured it all over me. It felt so slimy and I hate the smell of gas!!!! I just lay my back against the pole am start to day dream. Then a bolt of lightning struck the pole I was on and I got electrocuted! I passed out screaming from the shock and soon woke up. My hair was a smoky black, I realized the bolt blew off the chain so I ran inside. My eyes were no longer a boring brown but instead were replaced with electric blue eyes. They were so intense it didn't look natural. I had some burn marks, scattered all over my body and I looked terrible. So I hopped in the shower and washed and scrubbed some ash off me. I hopped out and I didn't look as bad. It was early so my dad was still asleep. I did my hair and got dressed and ran out to the store and bought brown eye contacts and ran back home and put them in. By the time I got home, only 30 seconds had passed...strange. I went to start the school day and played it off as if I dyed my hair black.