Court IV

The three adventures had been at their camp, sharing stories, when they suddenly arrived in a dreadful graveyard. Though shocked and fearful, the men were sick from teleportation, and had to address the problem. Pog swiveled his eyes, recognizing his home. Indeed, the mausoleum that housed his mother's court was nearby.

The men stood, uneasy. "I suppose our audience is demanded," observed Dirk, and the party filed in through the door to kneel before the Goblin Queen. For a time, all was silent save the singing of the goblin villagers outside.

"I have a task for you idiots. You must hunt the wizard Linus and put an end to him and his operations once and for all!" The dread witch offered no compromise.

"Your Dread Grace, I propose a compromise!" Dirk's eyetooth glinted in the torchlight.

The Queen's narrowed eyes took on a violet glow of irritation. But her head snapped to her left as the blonde witch descended the dais, to receive a necklace from the tall, attractive idiot. The dark ruler once again turned to the short, worldly idiot.

"Remove the thorn from my side, and I will be pleased. Now begone." The Goblin Queen had spoken.

Dirk glanced to the younger witch blushing up into his brother's eyes. "I beg your forgiveness, Your Dire Grievousness, but the magic that brought us here has made us weary, and we must stay the night."

The young witch's hazel eyes looked up to K'chak. "Break your fast with me in the morning."

The tall warrior took an exaggerated bite of his knuckle as she backed away. Still, he was happy for the promise of a hearth-made meal to start his day, and the opportunity to woo the blonde Ursula. The old witches did not seem displeased enough to protest.

The Goblin Queen waved her fingers to dismiss them once and for all, but sat up fretfully at sight of Pog's feet, steel spurs clicking on the stone tiles. "Young goblin, you bounce right back in here, immediately!"