Chapter 7:Confrontation

Keith hesitantly walked back inside the Blade of Marmora,somewhat knowing what awaited him.Poor Keith didn't know what to think when it came to his wife.He already received a massive scolding from Kolivan,Matt and Agnea,his paladin friends,Shiro,his Aunt,now,and he was expecting the lecture of a lifetime from his lover.With a quick breath,Keith stepped into his room and saw Nellie sitting on the bed,a hand one her stomach and her other gripping the bedsheets.Keith noticed how her hand trembled on the sheets as she gripped them tighter.Keith decides to break the silence. "Look,I know you're mad at me,and I don't blame you for it,but-"
By then,Nellie already stood up,walked over to him,and a slap to the face cut him off.Keith expected something like this but he REALLY must've fucked up now. "WHAT WE'RE YOU THINKING?!" She demands,soon staring him dead in the eye. "I want you to look me dead in the eye and tell me what you were processes in YOUR BRAIN WHEN YOU DECIDED TO SACRIFICE YOURSELF,YOU IDIOT!" She yells in his face as she breaks down sobbing to the floor,dropping helplessly at his feet. "Why would you even-just WHY KEITH?!E-Everyone would've missed you.I-I would've missed you!" She cries,her hand grasping her stomach. "Our child would have grown up only knowing you by stories and legends....and how you broke ANOTHER promise!"
Not being able to withstand her suffering,Keith drops down to her level of height and embraces her tightly. "...I'm sorry.I'm so,SO sorry.I'm so sorry Nellie,you have no idea!" Keith whispers,taking her weeping face into his trembling hands. "How you can tolerate me,I'll never know.I-I just thought that...a sacrifice could end it all and I'm...I'm so sorry." He sobs,trying to kiss his beloved's tears away without his own tears screwing anything up.Nellie realizes what he's trying to do and she lets him into her arms. "Oh Keith." Keith suddenly breaks down and grips her closer to him,refusing to let go. "Nellie,I was scared-No,I am scared!I-I don't want to do that again!I....I..." He breaks down yet again.Nellie tries not to cry again. "Hey,K-Keith!Keith,honey,look at me,please."
A tear stained Keith looks up at his wife. "It's going to be okay,we're all okay.Breathe." Keith takes a deep breath then exhales sharply. "Better...now,we're going to get through this together.I will never leave your side,I will always be around to wait for you and love you!Never,EVER forget that!" She pleads,Keith staring at her intently.Then suddenly,Nellie winces and gently grabs the side of her stomach. "Ah!Ow!" "N-Nellie,what's wrong?" Keith asks,worried. "Hun,the baby kicked." Keith's eyes widen.Hesitantly,he places his hand on her stomach,tearing up a little as he feels another kick,quickly drawing his hand back out of surprise. "Go on...say something." Keith places his hand on the her stomach. "Hey there." Nothing happens.He frowns a little. "It's me.Keith.Your daddy." He growls with impatience. "It's me!Keeeeeeiiiiith,your-I.AM.YOUR.FATHER!" And yet again:Nothing happens!Keith lightly knocks on her stomach,causing Nellie to burst out into fits of laughter. "Oh my GOD!" Keith doesn't pay his laughing wife any attention. "I'm bonding with you!Hey!Come on!We're connected!"
Unlike Red,the baby suddenly reacts,letting out two hearty kicks.Keith calms the fuck down and he softens up.Nellie smiles and gently leans against him. "We can't wait to meet you." Keith whispers against his wife's swollen flesh,kissing it lightly.